JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I would like some honest opinions of Of Montana . My mom has gotten sick and I am going to be her primary care giver . She has some land up there but I don't know what part of the state it's in or what the terrain is like.
I really don't wish to sell the house in the ghetto to end up moving to meth monkey centeral.

Jimmy Buffett said it best. Here's his insight on a long cold Montana winter.

Lately, newspaper mentioned cheap air fare
I gotta to fly to Saint Somewhere
I'm close to bodily harm

Twenty degrees and the hockey game's on
Nobody cares they are way too far gone
Screamin', "Boat drinks", something to keep 'em all warm

This mornin', I shot six holes in my freezer
I think I got cabin fever
Somebody sound the alarm

A location would help. Montana is a really big state. One of my favorites to visit.
There are mountains, plains, the Canadian border, even a few small cities.
It has great hunting and fishing.
Most of the people I met are kind and honest.
It gets really cold in the winter.

Well my 1st pick was Alaska :s0114: I would love a piece of land I could hunt on but the most important thing for me is no neighbors. Cows are fine though.

Lots of drug use and drunks in the western city areas.
Hot summers, cold winters in grasshopper country and great trout fishing. Big open plains and crazy grizzes in the mountains.
Nice place to be FROM. :D

I love Montana. I really love the NW corner of Montana. I have never been to the SE area of Montana, but the rest is beautiful. When we were looking to buy our property, I considered Northern Idaho, Northern, specifically Northwestern Montana and South and Southeast Oregon. We ended up in Southern Oregon, but I believe we would have been as happy in Montana.

In all fairness, I have never lived there and never spent more than a week in one place. I have travelled by car through most of the state, whether passing through or seeing the sights. Obviously, downtown Helena, rural Libby and somewhere in a desolate mountain range are three entirely separate ad unique things. In general, I'm a big fan of Montana.

I liked most of Western Montana quite a bit. Didn't spend more than a couple days in one place though. Beautiful country and it seemed like most towns had a gun shop and a fly shop.

I love Montana. I really love the NW corner of Montana. I have never been to the SE area of Montana, but the rest is beautiful. When we were looking to buy our property, I considered Northern Idaho, Northern, specifically Northwestern Montana and South and Southeast Oregon. We ended up in Southern Oregon, but I believe we would have been as happy in Montana.

In all fairness, I have never lived there and never spent more than a week in one place. I have travelled by car through most of the state, whether passing through or seeing the sights. Obviously, downtown Helena, rural Libby and somewhere in a desolate mountain range are three entirely separate ad unique things. In general, I'm a big fan of Montana.

The region around Libby is not a place to settle near.
It has been a place of serious vermiculite mining and that as you know is asbestos.
They have a very unhealthy situation happening there.

CARD: Center for Asbestos Related Diseases in Libby Montana

Lived there for 45 years. Great place to be FROM. Narrow down the area and I can tell you about it.

Granddad and his Parents homesteaded there in the 1800's
It is nice country, but was tough life to survive there in his time.
Tough folks they were, that settled it.

Browning Montana is just the place to wave your dick around. yea, that's a joke.. good luck driving through let alone getting gasoline (without dying), just so you know good talk
Let us know where you forgot where your mother was/is.

Also, in many parts the wind blows so hard that the airports use logging chains as wind socks.
Location is a real concern.

A real mental visual photograph, it is yep !!!! So, lets MOVE all of the Wind Mills that are ~supposed~ to produce Electricity, out of Oregons, to that there Montana Place ???? ;)

As far as drunks err drinking goes, my nephew moved there... "Like his father" before him, he can not say two words with out three beers between them... That is word one MORE......(beerX3) .... Word Two BEER (beerX3) Repeat as needed....

Mind you, I do not object to a man having a cold one, but never to the neglect of spouse & children.... And that is part of that family, every brother, following their Fathers footsteps...

But I digress from the topic...

Montana, loved the original peoples who pioneered the land, My GREAT Uncle was one of the LAST Free Range Cowboys, met him 58, 59 years ago, and still have a vivid memory, of Uniqueness in the Man. Not just his "saddle legs" but tarnation, he was real!!!!!

Gosh, yes, I was there once, and the cold was so cold my goose bumps had goose bumps, that had icecycles hanging from them !!!!

philip, who could make up a story like that ????? In the BoonDocks!

Will you have a job there? That's the important thing. If you can be employed well I think it would be a great place to live. Especially if you like to hunt, fish and take photographs.

My wife is from there, and couldn't get out fast enough. Most of her family still lives there and we go back once a year. Its fun, and beautiful. Not sure if I could live there full time though. Different strokes....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top