JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I picked up one of these on a recommendation from a friend for my ccw, ruger lc9.
I found one relative cheap online and it arrived pretty quickly. It was easy to install (see link LaserLyte LC9 Laser CK-AMF9 - YouTube) and pretty much good to go out of the packaging.
The power button is easy to access. You can switch the laser from constant on to flashing. It also has a 5 minute auto shut off.
I haven't taken it to the range just yet but I have noticed a couple differences that I'm not too sure I like.
This laser mounts to the side, above the trigger. I was taught to rest my index finger above the trigger and only on the trigger when firing. With the side mounted laser, my natural resting position blocks the laser and i have to slide my index lower in order to unblock the laser.
Also, with the side mount, it does increase the width (girth?) of the weapon. One of the reasons I like the lc9 is that it is relatively thin and relatively easy to conceal.
I had considered getting the lasermax centerfire but didn't like the idea of having to get a new holster. However, I'm reconsidering as I'm not too sure I like the added width of the side mounted laser.

So, I wondering if anyone else has installed the side mounted laser and what their thoughts are.

I do not have the side mounted laser, but I do have a crimson trace on a LCP and some opinions about laser use in general.

My first experience with a Crimson Trace was in a gun shop quite a while ago. I was looking at used guns and the gun clerk was handing me a bunch one after another to try in my hand. I kept aiming at the wall to see how the gun fit my hand. The next gun I picked up I aimed at the wall and a laser dot appeared. I had not noticed that it had a laser on it until I saw the dot, but I was successful in activating the laser without even knowing it was there. Personally, I think that this is the only way to have a laser on a weapon because in high stress situations where a laser is needed, you often times do not have time to even think about activating a laser. (I also feel this way about safety's on guns, but that is another discussion for another thread...)

Now, for training purposes like dry-fire flinch practice, or anything other than a self-defense scenario, then any laser you choose is fine. Even the cheap ones that just slide onto a rail.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top