JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking at it for a carry piece. I am not a large guy, so many of the hand guns out there would not easily be concealed on my frame. For example my Sig 229 .40 cal is a great gun, but no way could I carry concealed. My Sig 238 is easily concealed, but I am thinking I would like something with a bit more kick to it.

I have not fired a Kimber before, but have handled the UCII's at the shows. They are a great fit for my hand. The weight seems good and I am happy with the overall feel of it.

In my looking around, I have handled Glock's, Springfield XDM line, Taurus slim line, LC9, Khar's etc. I don't like the feel/fit to my hand and of those that I have fired, frankly I prefer my 229 and 238.

Any comments, thoughts, or suggestions from those who have used the Kimber's would be appreciated.

i see a lot of ultra carry's for sale here which tells me they are not that great.
i looked at one and went with the kimber tactical pro ll in 4"insted and love it but the 1911 was based on 5"and every inch you give up you give up accuracy too so rather than give up accuracy and range it may be better to change your outer clothing rather than pay $1000 for a gun that is no more accurate than a $300 3"gun.
your gonna want to play at the range with it too and lets face it 3"guns are pretty boring to play with so buy a 5"or 4" and wear a different shirt to cover the gun.

If you want to make a drive you are welcome to try the Ultra Carry II in .40. Can't go wrong with first hand knowledge. My Wife and I like our little Kimber. Good luck,
Mike

Get to a range that has these for rent and give one a try. They shoot fine (after break-in). On 2 different occasions I've seen people bring these into ranges disassembled in a box - the owners had problems getting them back together. I actually had to resort to reading the manual to get ours apart and back together. A Beretta 92FS it is not! But....Maybe it's just me?

Get to a range that has these for rent and give one a try. They shoot fine (after break-in). On 2 different occasions I've seen people bring these into ranges disassembled in a box - the owners had problems getting them back together. I actually had to resort to reading the manual to get ours apart and back together. A Beretta 92FS it is not! But....Maybe it's just me?

ccgc brings up a good point...these and my tactical pro ll are bushingless unlike the traditional 1911(not cool kimber)so they require a takedown tool for the recoil spring that comes with it,i make my own fishing spinners so i made this tool with the same wire also but
you cannot field strip it without the tool unlike most 1911's so that is a con of these guns other than that the same.

The Kimber Ultra Carry II can be taken down without the tool. Learned this from good ole YouTube
Kimber ultra carry 2 Disassembly NO TOOLS!!!! - YouTube
Now my Buddy has a bigger Kimber and YES you do need the tool.
Mike

mine is the 4"and i have not found a way to break it down without the tool but i might be missing something.i still wish they would have kept the bushing design but i love the gun anyhoo.

The very small 1911's are not the ideal platform of the design. You would be better served with a commander size gun and the proper holster for concealed carry. The Milt Sparks VM II will hide a full size 1911 as will the Comp-Tac Minataur.

Good luck.

Having carried concealed, for over 30 yrs. I have worn various types of guns (in different locations). It pretty much comes down to on how you're going to carry it. Are you going to go with ankle holster, IWB holster, etc. - and then conceal ith with a jacket, sweatshirt, etc.? I agree with gunjunky on a commander size gun & proper holster for concealed carry. I also have a SIG 229 which I carried off-duty for several years. It's about a commander size gun, but with thicker grips. I'm not sure if you've tried concealing your 229, but you might be suprised on how easy it actually is to conceal. If you're undecided, CCGC offered you good advice on going to a range that has them, and renting one. Good luck on your search. BTW, I've never found one gun that is ideal to carry in every situation, so I stick with about 3 different ones, and wear them according to the clothing I'm wearing.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top