JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys -

I run an 11.5 AR with a standard A2 flash hider. Most of my shooting is done at an indoor range. I was wondering if anyone runs flash cans or linear compensators and how it compares to an A2. I've been looking at the HERA Gen2 linear comp. I've had a few lane neighbors stop firing to wait for me to finish my magazine due to the side concussion created. Just trying to be courteous... :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance!

Linear comps helpish for the shooter. Not really going to do a lot for the general concussion of being next to someone or in an indoor range next to someone. One thing I have noticed with linker comps is the longer the better. It is just delaying the inevitable muzzle blast further out from the gun.

Do you have an adjustable gas block? If so, then linear comps are nice.
I run them when possible. You can also try something like the following. KAK INDUSTRY 5/8-24 Midwest Industries also makes one.
I don't have an adjustable gas block unfortunately, but have heard a lot of the comps work decently with an 11.5. I'll check out both the ones from KAK and MI - thanks :D

Linear comps helpish for the shooter. Not really going to do a lot for the general concussion of being next to someone or in an indoor range next to someone. One thing I have noticed with linker comps is the longer the better. It is just delaying the inevitable muzzle blast further out from the gun.
For sure. I'm sure It won't completely mitigate the concussions for fellow neighbors, but I imagine since the A2 allows for some side blast, a linear comp should, in some way or form, help with that.

I don't know about Hera, but the BRT comp has a strong following with the 6.8 crowd.
If it didn't work, they wouldn't be jealously guarding their little secret.
Sounds like it might work for your pistol.
Here's a write up on it :
Review: Black River Tactical Covert Comp
Awesome - thank you for the recommendation! I'll definitely check out the Covert 5.56 :cool:

Have a cheap Krinkov style flash can on a 7.5" PSA 5.56 pistol. IIRC it was $24 shipped.
Actually makes a VERY noticeable difference compared to the A2 that was on it.

Screwed a Vang linear comp on my coyote rifle----it does re-direct a lot of the blast
away from the shooter.

I have a Kmk linear on a 11.5" pistol build in 7.62x39. I haven't really tried to evaluate it for sound/blast signature or it's affect on recoil. The main reason I bought it is so I can get it off recessed in the hand guard using a couple Allen wrenches. And it looks cool:D.

Get a good price on a linear comp, they will all work the same but design and appeal varies. I have the surefire warden, it's a qd style that goes over the socom line of muzzle devices from surefire. So nice when shooting next to other shooters. The ferfrans muzzle device runs like that as well.
It's just courteous especially at local indoor ranges. Nothing like making the dad and son who are learning on .22s get the life scared out of them when you start belting away with a birdcage .308. It is annoying to say the least.

Get a good price on a linear comp, they will all work the same but design and appeal varies. I have the surefire warden, it's a qd style that goes over the socom line of muzzle devices from surefire. So nice when shooting next to other shooters. The ferfrans muzzle device runs like that as well.
It's just courteous especially at local indoor ranges. Nothing like making the dad and son who are learning on .22s get the life scared out of them when you start belting away with a birdcage .308. It is annoying to say the least.

Yeah last time I went to the range a couple trying to learn how to shoot got completely startled each time I fired my shorty pistol. Eventually I apologized and immediately started scanning for muzzle devices :p

I use a Kaw Valley linear comp.
I have a few of them. I really like them. I have one on my 7.5" AR pistol. Works great, great price. But it does shoot a fireball.
I have pics if you want proof.
I think they are around $40 from joebobs

I use a Kaw Valley linear comp.
I have a few of them. I really like them. I have one on my 7.5" AR pistol. Works great, great price. But it does shoot a fireball.
I have pics if you want proof.
I think they are around $40 from joebobs
Yeah I also was looking at the Kaw Valley linear comp - mostly because there were a few good recent videos on it on YouTube. I'm sure it shoots a fireball with a 7.5" haha. Have you tried using it at an indoor range at all? What do your neighbors think of it?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top