JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was wondering if people have used Guns for Sale, Gun Classifieds, Gun Auctions, Shop for Guns at GunsAmerica and what their thoughts/experiences are? Do they provide any arbitration in case something goes wrong? I've checked the website and could not find anything on the website that indicates that to be the case.
I've noticed a couple of guns there that are about 20% less than their typical prices, they look a little too good to be true.

I use Gunbroker.com more than Gunsamerica.com but I have found auction sites to be pretty reliable. Just like here in the classifieds, look for positive feedback. Some of my best deals have been from auction sites.

You also have to take into account what people are asking for and what the items actually sell for. I got a great deal on a WW2 M1911A1 from Colt because the guy posted bad pictures and not much of a description. Gunsamerica is more of a fixed price sale site and Gunbroker is more of a strict auction with some buy it now items.There is also AuctionArms which I got my bullpup shotgun off of. You have to take into account shipping and FFL transfer prices and those can turn a good deal into average and it might be better just to go to BiMart and buy a 10/22 for example.

It's like any other auction site. look for feedback, know what you're doing, watch all the little fees and don't get caught in a bidding war beyond your set price!!
I use the various ones alot- have only had 1 "problem". Small parts were lost in mail and the seller had a refund out to me the same day asked. It comes down to the responsibility is on YOU to do your work

I have never bought anything off these sites although I have browsed them. How do the purchases take place? do they go through gunbroker/gunsamerica or are they just between the two partys. If its between the two partys, do you simply tell them the FFL to ship the gun to or do you have to have the ffl send them off their license and all of that?

I have never bought anything off these sites although I have browsed them. How do the purchases take place? do they go through gunbroker/gunsamerica or are they just between the two partys. If its between the two partys, do you simply tell them the FFL to ship the gun to or do you have to have the ffl send them off their license and all of that?

If the seller doesn't happen to be the same state as you, any firearm must be sent to an FFL-holder in your state who will in turn transfer the gun to you, the person selling the gun does not necessarily need to be an FFL holder. As far as how the seller knows they're indeed sending to an FFL, FFL information can be verified online but many will nonetheless insist on a faxed or scanned copy before actually shipping the firearm. Of course you also must arrange with the FFL in your state that they'll be receiving your gun and transferring it to you.

by the time u pay shipping,xfer fees,and in most states,sales tax,buying guns on the 'net is pretty problematical..very little savings if any,iimho.

but,to answer the Op,the amount of problems vs the number of sales on gunborker and Gunsamerica is miniscule.

Armslist is more a Craigslist-style selling tool.It's geared for face to face,in your area,sales.It says so in their rules and regs pretty much.I"ve bought 3 guns off of their,ftf,at good prices.

Armslist is the shady underbelly- lots of good deals but also ALOT of scams on there. if it seems to good, well then.......

GA.com usually has a pop up once or twice trying to get you to log in but goes away quickly. Deals can be found on all of them.

I was wondering if people have used Guns for Sale, Gun Classifieds, Gun Auctions, Shop for Guns at GunsAmerica and what their thoughts/experiences are? Do they provide any arbitration in case something goes wrong? I've checked the website and could not find anything on the website that indicates that to be the case.
I've noticed a couple of guns there that are about 20% less than their typical prices, they look a little too good to be true.

You can indeed minimize your risks by looking at feedback and being informed, but do bear in mind that almost any price advertised from any online seller technically IS too good to be true. Shipping and transfer fees can easily eat up what you seem to be saving by buying online, in addition to the downsides of the hassle, wait times, and the inability to inspect in person before purchasing.

For some reason some people insist on pretending that shipping costs and transfer fees don't exist. Oh they may advertise an $80 Mosin 91/30, but throw in $25 for shipping and at least another $20 for transfer (unless you've got a C&R) and at the end of the day your wallet is at least $125 lighter before the gun can be yours.

I've purchased firearms from both sites, no problems. Much like ebay they are just a hosting site. The seller is one you should be more concerned about.
Small parts, mags, stocks may not be a big risk but if your purchasing a firearm I'd read thier feedback and contact them before bidding or buying.

Contact your local FFL you plan to have the gun shipped to and get a copy of thier signed FFL. Find out what thier transfer fee is and tell them what your buying.
Never know they might already have one for less! Some trasfer fees are $20 some as high as $60 so ask first.

I prefer Gunbroker over Gunsamerica, mainly because you can browse more easily on Gunbroker without having to log into the system. Maybe it has changed?
Not sure what you mean by browse, but I've not created an account on Gunsamerica and I can browse/search all I want. I've also found the pages for the individual listings on Gunsamerica to be a little more pleasant than Gunbroker, but that's a matter of individual taste.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top