JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In all fairness I was 'led' the the CZ by my want for a Hi-Power (an older, pre-80's model) but I could neither find one, or when I did it was more than I wanted to spend (or could at the time) so I began to research the CZ and as I noticed whenever a comparison was being made the CZ was on the forefront of such. Ultimately the CZ I own is the first I ever held as it came up for sale in a local shop in Bend and quite frankly sat for a while while I returned several times to mess with it. It seemed to be on par with everything the reviews and owners said about it so I finally made an offer and got it for $350.00. At this point I don't think I want a HP anymore. Like I said there are a few minor issues I have with it and most can be remedied but all things considered it really is what I had been looking for.

I have the CZ 75B and also think it's a great gun. Infact the only thing I have that I like better is an STI. The CZ was cheaper and right out of the box was very close to the STI in performance.

I'm starting to see a few of the CZ-75 Omega versions for sale. These have the new Omega trigger system that first came out in the CZ P-07 Duty pistols. It's a significant improvement over the older CZ DA/SA trigger and doesn't appear to be any more expensive than the conventional trigger system. I had both a CZ-75B and a P-07. Sold the CZ-75B and traded the P-07 and have hated myself for doing so. There is definitely a CZ-75B Omega in my future, though.

The CZ line of firearms are an excellent value. I have owned a number of CZ75 pistols over the years and currently have a CZ75 SA that has some custom work done to make it what I think is the perfect pistol of the line. Keep in mind my choices have been based on which models have ambi safeties because I am a lefty. So I have had two or three of the 75's in 40 S&W the current SA and an 82. All have been excellent pistols that were reliable and accurate. I would like to have one of the 75 guns in stainless and will pick one up at some point when I happen across a good deal. They fit my hand better than a Browning HP and I have always been able to shoot them very well and they companion well to my 1911's as they can be carried cocked and locked.

I owned a CZ 75B for over 12 years. I sold it with great regret in August, to pay a bunch of bills and put some money in the bank for a house.

I hope to have another in the future. Extremely accurate and great ergonomics.

I believe I shared my opinion on CZ's with folks around here before, but I will repeat just in case ;)

I've personally owned 75BD and 75 P01, and shot plenty from 75B and SP01, all 9mm. All four were very well made, very accurate, and fairly reliable. None liked CCI Blazer Aluminum ammo, going into stovepipes every 30-40 rounds. Some forum suggested replacing extractor spring, which I did on my 75BD but it didn't help. They all did fit nicely in the hand, but had absolutely terrible slide ergonomics - narrow with small serrations filled with the polymer coating... impossible to grip with bigger hands when doing any kind of drills, especially if oil or moisture are present. I got rid of both just for that reason - wouldn't carry one due to ergonomics.

I also had CZ82, which is an interesting handgun with its ambi controls and polygonal barrel. But it was too snappy due to blowback design, sold it too :D

All I have left is CZ52, which is also an interesting handgun with its roller-locking system. But it's a collectible :)

Here are my 75 shadow and my tweaked compact. I love these things, they are great in the hand, reliable and accurate. I think the slide design, which rides inside the frame, and has a low axis bore, is part of the magic. I've never had a problem racking the slide.

Brilliant pistols. The CZ 75 has an OK trigger, but phenomenal ergonomics. Most people can pick one up for the first time, and shoot well with it.

I'm also a fan of the EAA Witness line (made by Tanfoglio).

I recently acquired a 75 P01 and it's the best of any I've tried for ergo and accuracy. The fact that they meet very demanding NATO test requirements and the growing number of folks who have them in their inventory says a lot to me.

CZ-75 (and its variants), amazingly accurate gun, definitely for guys with big hands, poly coat can be scratch prone at times compared to say a Sig Sauer finish, that's the only bad thing I can say about it, oh and if you actually want to use the 19th (extra) round in the 18 round magazines, you have to shove it real hard for it to latch in the gun.

My CZ-75B had difficulty with longer profile ammo. I was told this is due to the fact their chamber is somewhat shallow, meaning longer length bullets won't seat properly, causing problems with feeding and extraction. I now have a Tristar C-100 (CZ-75 Compact clone) that's just as we'll made as the CZ buy much more dependable with all sorts of ammo.

realoaders experience that when trying different grain projectiles while tying to get max OAL......anything out of the factory under SAAMI spec should work fine. I reload for my SP-01 and have ran into this with XTP's and some Barry's hollow base 124 grain that bring the major diameter out past the case mouth. It is the same with XD's.....good to know if you reload for CZ or XD

Barrel%252520Comparrisons.jpg

all but the 75b blue and P-01 were hard to come by before the great panic grab of '12 lol.....seriously it took a couple months of digging under every rock before I found my SP-01.

I've had my 75b for about two years now and I love it. It fits in my big mitts, and doesn't feel cheap and plastic'y. I got it used and have put about 2000 rounds through it myself.. Still clanging 3" steel plates at 10 meters... Accurate enough for me. I know of two people who have purchased one after shooting mine.

I reload for it as well, and have been quite happy with 124 and 147 JHP's pushed by Power Pistol. Get's it done.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top