JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i have or have had a number of CZ 75... from the earliest Pre-B to modern ones.

my favorite gun ever, because it is more accurate than i could ever hope to be, has never had a malfunction and just works so well.... a 1988 CZ75 that was a police trade in. i've put well over 10k rounds down the barrel of literally everything i could find in 9mm... everything from hand loads, factory loads, surplus, greasy steel cased Russian stuff that came out of a rusty ham can, etc... the CZ loves it all.

the 97, the .45 model; i like the gun but the grip is huge for my medium sized hands. it doesn't leave the safe all that often.

i have an 82, and a few other models. all great.

in general i'm a huge fan of CZ firearms. my favorite arm manufacturer, hands down.

Thanks man. I liked the 82 as soon as I picked it up. It just fit my hand so well. I'm tempted to try out the 75 or 82. feel like I'm developing a gun crush. Worse things in life, I guess. They seem to have a stellar reputation for accuracy and being dependable good signs..

i have one 75 that looks like it sat out in the acid rain for a decade or two, was used to drive tent stakes or something and definitely had a hard life before i got it for next to nothing. it shoots great.

another that was the Czech police trade in that has only some holster wear, but thousands upon thousands of rounds through it. that was my daily carry for ten years or so and the one gun i would trust my life to above any other gun. my only complaint about it now is it has become uncomfortable to CCW... it's big and heavy. i've started falling for the wee sub compact poly pistols... though don't trust them as much as the CZ.

also have an early, early pre-b that is as new in the box... a couple other B models... they're great guns, until recently seemingly undervalued (prices have been going up). they have a way of multiplying once you get one.

I got a CZ SP-01 a little bit ago and I have put 500rds down range and it is by fay my favorite gun to shoot. Like the guys said it eats up everything you put through it. I got the tactical version so the trigger is a little heavy but even with that its still awesome to shoot.

I have fired a 75 once and loved it. I own an 82 and really like it. The only downside seems to be I had the one 82 that broke, and my large hands get a little hammer bite when doing longer shooting sessions. The cross pin that holds the mainspring in failed at the range. It was easy enough to fix. Mine was marked with an arsenal tag indicating it had been overhauled at somepoint. Who knows how rounds have been through it? Very reliable otherwise...

I second the CZ-75, I've had 3 SP-01, and P-01, the all function great and shoot great, all mine were the decocker versions, Steel, the Phantom is a poly, I would stay away from it truthfully, but thats just my 2 cents. I've got over 20k rounds through my first sp-01, and it still going strong I replace the recoil spring and hammer springs 3 time. The hammer spring seem a little on the heavy side to me, but only in double action. Over all they are my fav for pistol.

I have heard the steel 75 is quicker to get back down on target after firing. What are your concerns about the poly frame? I'm not worried about a few ounces of weight either way and just want a bombproof, accurate pistol

I have a CZ 75BD (decocker version) and love it. I bought it specifically because it WAS all steel and we are a little limited in that category. It came down to either a Sig 226 or the CZ and I went with the CZ because of all the good feedback from everybody who owned one, was much less than the Sig and was all steel which was my preference. Interestingly mine is marked CZ 85B but is in actuality a 75BD and according to CZ it's build record shows it as a 75 BD and was mismarked. It shoots well but shot low and to the left out of the box so I had to slightly drift the rear sight and I filed the front down to raise the point of impact. One thing I find interesting is it groups all loads in the same area, regardless of the load or bullet weight and groups the tightest with 100 grain bullets. With the 100 gr bullets it feels about like a .22 auto. The only complaint I have is the tang on the back of the grip. They could have made it a little higher and flare up slightly as mine digs into my hand a little. My first complete dis-assembly was a little frustrating until I learned about and understood it's construction and some of the tricks to make it easier. The hammer has a little more 'camming' action than it should and results in a rougher trigger pull than I care for but there are some really good aftermarket parts to correct this or I may perform a trigger job on the existing parts. I removed the firing pin block and that helped quite a bit. CZ? four out of five stars for me! The only thing I would do differently is I would have looked for a safety model (75B) as opposed to the decocker. I have since learned the 75B has a much better trigger and for me that trumps the decocker action.

Huh, may have posted this twice, but here it goes. Thanks for the good info RV TECH. Think I'm leaning towards all steel. Looks like I am more interested in CZ 75B then I was. The Kadet .22 conversion is a cool idea but it seems over priced ( ~$400) when the 9mm will be about $500 for the complete gun.

Good solid reliable gun. If you want an all steel DA/SA trigger one of the best choices out there. I had a shooting buddy years ago who swore by his. One of the best shooters I ever knew btw.

Every time CZ comes up I think of the SP-01 which I think is absolutely beautiful and the P-01 which I'd like to try as a CC piece. Next I remember the last afternoon I spent at the PSTC in Clackamas where I had a Beretta 92 trigger lock up. The gun would not fire and the decocker was jammed. I was shooting with a small group and within a couple hours one more DA/SA went down. First and last gun that simply failed to fire in my hands with no fault of the ammunition, left a horrible feeling about DA/SA.

Love them. I've got a 75 shadow and an sp-01 shadow both from the custom shop in Arizona. They are the best full size 9mm's I've ever shot. You should look into shadow as it has a slightly different frame than the regular guns which allow a higher grip, a competition hammer, a tuned trigger, comp sights, no fpb, different safeties, and some other tweaks. I also have a custom shop tuned all steel compact. I gave my sig 228 to my girlfriend once I got the compact. CZs rock.

I have a 75B and P-01. Both fit my hand like a glove and shoot great. The P-01 specifically is the most the comfortable pistol in my hand. The 75B trigger is decent. It has some slack and take up. It's also a little gritty out of the box. I dry fired maybe 500 times with a snap cap and it improved slightly. My recommendation is to get a drop in trigger kit from CZ custom or Cajun gun works. After install the Trigger Kit 3 from Cajun, my 75B was completely transformed! My favorite gun to shoot.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top