JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I always hear to leave them bone stock. But I wonder about swapping out grips from black plastic to wood/silver/stone. One of the reasons is I can go narrower and have a smooth surface not abrading my skin. My hands are quite small, but I have an iron grip. Any motifs would be non-threatening and probably Celtic based. Thoughts?

Custom bone grips with 'Get on my bad side and Die' are the only way to go;). Little red on the bottom edges to look like dried blood is even better:D.

Custom grips are fine:).

Just don't do these...

s-l300.jpg

Or these...

71ebdeb0baa4a1b7680190aa775c82b0---grips--pistol.jpg

I say as it's a carry gun, go cheap and tasteful. I like many others seem to assume a 1911, but is a Sig or something else there are always similar options. Here is the Hogue polymer page and they have tons more. Alumagrips.com and Altamont all have a tone of choices. There are custom makers out there too.

Were it me I would get the thinnest smoothies and cover them with the Talon rubberized grip tape just so it's not slippery.

I say as it's a carry gun, go cheap and tasteful. I like many others seem to assume a 1911, but is a Sig or something else there are always similar options. Here is the Hogue polymer page and they have tons more. Alumagrips.com and Altamont all have a tone of choices. There are custom makers out there too.

Were it me I would get the thinnest smoothies and cover them with the Talon rubberized grip tape just so it's not slippery.
allergic to rubber. I am thinking Berettas and sigs most likely. (Obviously I am not changing the grip on my sig p365.)

But a simple silver or wood with a triquetra on it might be my taste. Why silver? I can work it in my garage and all my life I have had a thing for silver. It just feels good in my hand. Custom because, well, I like to make things, also, I am likely to go thinner than most. I might go aluminum, but I am just not a fan of bare aluminum.

I always hear to leave them bone stock. But I wonder about swapping out handles from black plastic to wood/silver/stone. One of the reasons is I can go narrower and have a smooth surface not abrading my skin. My hands are quite small, but I have an iron grip. Any motifs would be non-threatening and probably Celtic based. Thoughts?

Grips are one of the most often "altered" part of many handguns. Just look how many options there are? What I like is not going to do it for others. My personal favorite has long been Frank Pachmayr's. Now many see these and cringe at the sight of them <shrug>. For "looks" my hands down favorite are always wood but, since all my guns are for shooting I use what feels better to me. This has long been Frank P's idea for them. By all means get what you like as long as they don't make the gun harder to hit with.

I think smooth olive green Alumagrips, as you can cut your very shallow pattern into them to inlay the silver.

Silver and gold are good against the skin where some metals cause a reaction.

I'll second Pachmayrs for shootin' guns. I love wood too, but the Pach's work great for certain applications.

@Wombat of Doom, put whatever grips on there that work for you. It's a personal choice and don't be afraid to change your mind either. It may take a few tries.

Along with drawers or boxes of holsters most of us also have a fine collection of grips as well. Some stuff works, some stuff doesn't and things always change. :p

Go for it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top