JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I felt like the quality was definitely sub par compared to the P226. Yes it's cheaper but in the end I walked out with a CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical which I felt was a nicer firearm for almost the same price as the Rex.

I haven't handled the Rex but I think the oft quoted MAC torture test is just a lucky run.

Clones are often inferior to the cloned so when there is buzz around a clone, take it with a few grains of salt.

This is not always the case of course. I have a Tanfoglio that puts czs to shame.

If price is a big issue, look for a used Sig. My first p226 was a police trade in and I still prefer it over my brand new p226s.

I'm not really buying that torture test, though it was an interesting one to watch. In my humble opinion, any gun built with higher tolerance will have greater possibility of functioning in that extreme condition. By the same logic, good custom made guns with extremely low tolerance will probably fail at that test just miserably. There are so many aspects to consider to define what good guns are. In my world, that torture test with mud is perhaps one of the insignificant craps that I wouldn't think too much of.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top