JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been more and more tempted every day to pick up a Sig Sauer P226. My wallet has been the only thing separating me from one.

I stumbled across the REX Zero1 while doing some ordering for the shop that I work at. A distanced glance at the Zero1 sitting next to a P226, and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I did a little bit of reading on what little information is available about them, and so far it sounds like this could quite possibly be an improvement. If that proves to be true, the "half-the-price-of-a-Sig" tag on these makes them a no-brainer substitute.

Has anyone gotten their hands on one yet, or found any solid information on them, and if so, what are your thoughts on it?

My best friend just bought one after a healthy dose of peer pressure from me :) The trigger on it is absolutely amazing, and it has the shortest reset I've ever seen. Of course immediately after he bought it we had to take it apart, and the machining is also outstanding. The slide-to-frame fit is tighter than my H&K, the barrel is superb. It also has an internal extractor like a lot of the good ol' West German made Sigs did. The only thing I could possibly find to complain about(and it's not even a big deal), is that the sights are a little smaller than I like, and the dots could be a little brighter. Again, no big deal at all - that could just be my issue, since I am a crazy nitpicker.

After stumbling across a decent helping of change, I caved and went all-in...

image.jpeg

Thanks for the info though, drudgeon! The REX Zero 1 might show up in my safe in a bit!

I'm not at all familiar with this pistol... I went to their website and found this statement:

"REX zero 1 is definitely the first pistol that is in-house designed"

Which is obviously a total crap statement. Does it take Sig mags?

It's not really a crap statement. It's the first pistol that they have made that has been designed by Arex. They made stuff for other folks for a while - now they are doing it for themselves.

Other than obvious aesthetic similarities to the P226, it is a very different animal. Comparing the internals(hammer, sear, trigger assembly) the design is completely different. The decocker also acts as the slide/stop release, it has an ambi manual safety which feels very similar to a 1911(and the slide can be operated while the safety is engaged). The way the slide and frame mate up is pretty different(full length rails on the Arex). As far as I know, they aren't using MIM parts like a lot of the newer Sigs seem to be moving towards.
I know this is purely subjective, but the Arex feels every bit as quality(if not more so) than the P226. I was also way more accurate with the Arex and a lot faster than with the Sig. My buddy was too - basically hollowing out the 9 and 10 rings on a 25 yd standard pistol target at 7 yards (and he's not a very experienced shooter..at all). He likes it so much that he's selling his PPQ M2 to buy a second one.
Even the guy working the counter at the range had to get his hands on it, seemed super impressed at the quality.

To answer your question - no, Sig mags will not fit in this gun. The mags look like they are probably made by Mec-Gar like everyone else, but they hold 17rnds, vs Sig's 15.
(before anyone asks.. no I am not affiliated with Arex).

Gonna bump this as i'm still looking for a new full size 9mm.

This is certainly high on my list right now, i do like the P226 a lot, but they're just priced in the strangely expensive category :(

Anyone else bought one? thoughts?

Everything i've seen/found in the past year, has great praise for this.

Lastly, i did notice that the original MSRP of $599 does not appear to be the case anymore, i think it's high $600 now, so, street price of about $600.

I'm reallllyyyy eyeing the compact arex. It outperformed the sig legion and looks better imo. The price is still somewhat higher than I excepted for a lesser know manufacturer though. Looks solid!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top