JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have watched that video in the past, seems like an excellent set up.

What does everybody think about regular AK 47 magazines versus the aftermarket mags that might be easier to find a lower that will except them?

What does everybody think about regular AK 47 magazines versus the aftermarket mags that might be easier to find a lower that will except them?

Good options out there for AR style mags. Gives you ten times more options for lowers. I have 10 and 20 rounders and have had zero issues.

I built one a few months back. Bear Creek 16" upper, standard charging and BCG. Anderson lower. Anderson LPK. Romeo 5 red dot. I Had light primer strike issues until I swapped out the firing pin. No issues since then. Fun to shoot!

Regular AK mags like surplus whatever? Surplus mags will be fantastic. I don't trust stuff like US Palm or tapco.

You will definitely need an enhanced firing pin if you want to shoot cheap steel case ammo. If you continue getting light strikes, a mil-spec trigger with heavy springs is the fix. I experimented with different firing pins and buffer pistons / springs but in the end an old mil-spec trigger was the solution. Hope this helps

You will definitely need an enhanced firing pin if you want to shoot cheap steel case ammo. If you continue getting light strikes, a mil-spec trigger with heavy springs is the fix. I experimented with different firing pins and buffer pistons / springs but in the end an old mil-spec trigger was the solution. Hope this helps
I agree and disagree. I shoot the cheapest, nastiest 7.62x39 I can find with a 3.5lb POF trigger and a standard firing pin.

Yes, the enhanced firing pin is 100% the next step.

I agree and disagree. I shoot the cheapest, nastiest 7.62x39 I can find with a 3.5lb POF trigger and a standard firing pin.

Yes, the enhanced firing pin is 100% the next step.
No light primer strikes? What length is your barrel and gas system? I am running an 18" barrel with carbine length gas system. I said before with a heavy trigger mine was 100% reliable but when I went to a lighter trigger I had light strike problems.

I hear you have to drink this beer to use that round.. a370899fda19b664c3f2a36179b0e8a7_640x640.jpg

From a reloading point of view, you will not have to hunt for your brass. Unlike the AK or SKS which throws it every which way, the AR puts your brass close by and easy to find.

7.62x39 BCA upper with a lot of parts changed out. PA ACSS Raptor 1-6x24 FFP scope. At time time of picture it had a Geissele SSA-E trigger in it. Currently has a HIPERFIRE Hipertouch Eclipse Trigger with 7.62x39 spring kit.

C-products mags are very nice and very reliable. 7.62x39 mags and 6.5 grendel mags are identical from c-products. only difference is the follower is a different color plastic.
20190430_210812.jpg

Accuracy: 3rd group at the top, mag dump in the middle... wolf military classic steel cased ammo.
50yds.jpg

It drills the 4" gong at 200 yards every single shot.

Smallarmssolutions on youtube just did a video on how to make the ar15 shoot reliably with 7.62×39. Black arms or some name like that makes drop in parts for ar15. Longer firing pin, improved gas block, and new bolt.

I'm thinking about building or buying a 7.62x39 AR. Those of you with experience in these please give me your opinions good and bad.

I reload this bullet and have tons of components. Looking for more accuracy than my Arsenal SLR 107FR is capable of. Thanks!
I have a 7.62x39 AR upper with or with out scope for sale, I'm in Kelso, WA but can come to PDX.

I've got so much 7.62 ammo and reloads that I want another way to rid myself of this ammo besides my Arsenal SLR 107FR.

I've got so much 7.62 ammo and reloads that I want another way to rid myself of this ammo besides my Arsenal SLR 107FR.
BCA makes a decent upper for them. You'll likely end up wanting to change out the flash hider and retorquing the barrel as they have been kinda shady about that lately... My first upper from them was fine. the second one: the barrel was extremely over-torqued and it was missing the crush washer for the bird cage.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top