JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You should try a bunch of stuff and see how it runs in your gun. Mine seems to shoot 124gr ammo the best. Any of the +P hollow-point rounds should be acceptable; round ball, full-metal jacket probably isn't your best bet for self defense.

Try to pick something other than Hydra-Shok. The design hasn't been upgraded in over 16+ years. The only reason they still make it, is the public is still buying enough of it to warrant them still making it.

It should be phased out in the next 5-7 years, and replaced with HST.

I'm planning on purchasing some HST soon. I've heard really good things about it from everyone I talk to.

I have a few hundred rounds of HST, it reminds me a lot of an old favorite, the CCI "Flying Ashtray" Lawman ammo of the '80's.

Sort of a cross between the Ashtrays's huge cavity with maybe Remington's Golden Sabre scored jacket. Seems to shoot really well.

and any websites/stores where you've found good price/service?

Thanks!

Now's definitely a poor time to get "fast service" with the post-election stampede going on, but Ammunition To Go is one of my favorites.

They are currently running about a week behind their usual turnaround on orders, but an unusual assortment of goodies and very reliable.

What they promise is exactly the merchandise you will receive. They do confirm your order and then when it ships, send you a UPS notification with tracking number.

Ammoman is good too. Both stores are kind of like The Grocery Outlet- what's in stock this week might be different than next week. If you see something that'd fit into your supply needs, hop on it ASAP.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top