Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

thoughts on ammo

Reactions
I'm a rookie looking for opinions on good quality carry ammo in 9mm,

and any websites/stores where you've found good price/service?

Thanks!

Reactions
You should try a bunch of stuff and see how it runs in your gun. Mine seems to shoot 124gr ammo the best. Any of the +P hollow-point rounds should be acceptable; round ball, full-metal jacket probably isn't your best bet for self defense.

Reactions
Try to pick something other than Hydra-Shok. The design hasn't been upgraded in over 16+ years. The only reason they still make it, is the public is still buying enough of it to warrant them still making it.

It should be phased out in the next 5-7 years, and replaced with HST.

Reactions
I have a few hundred rounds of HST, it reminds me a lot of an old favorite, the CCI "Flying Ashtray" Lawman ammo of the '80's.

Sort of a cross between the Ashtrays's huge cavity with maybe Remington's Golden Sabre scored jacket. Seems to shoot really well.

Reactions
and any websites/stores where you've found good price/service?

Thanks!
Now's definitely a poor time to get "fast service" with the post-election stampede going on, but Ammunition To Go is one of my favorites.

They are currently running about a week behind their usual turnaround on orders, but an unusual assortment of goodies and very reliable.

What they promise is exactly the merchandise you will receive. They do confirm your order and then when it ships, send you a UPS notification with tracking number.

Ammoman is good too. Both stores are kind of like The Grocery Outlet- what's in stock this week might be different than next week. If you see something that'd fit into your supply needs, hop on it ASAP.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Klickitat County Firearms Training Facility
    4.00 star(s)
    Not really a range guy, as in I am 53 years old and today is the very first time I have been to an actual managed shooting range. Also, not a WA...
    • CRBMoA
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    I've made several purchases here over the past few years and I've had a great experience every time. Prices are good, their staff is helpful, and...
    • Joe Link
  • Big Iron Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    It's great to have an LGS inside Portland Metro. Walt and Noah have put care into setting good prices and acquiring quality firearms and...
    • kr0ptkin
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Well I finally got around to taking pics of the Cerakoting work that Jeremy of Lucky Sports did for my wife and me about 3 weeks ago. We couldn't...
    • jg rider
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Here's more work that Jeremy did for me The first 3 pics are of an RIA frame that I had Cerakoted years back by an outfit in Molino. I had Jeremy...
    • jg rider

Staff online