JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No camouflage pattern works for every location, it is that simple.

ACU sticks out like a sore thumb, in the Coast Range. I have 1 set of ACU, that I dyed with a dark brown, for 15 minutes. After washing and drying them, I used a dark green dye for 15 minutes and washed and dried them again. This works much better, but it is still not as good a my old BDU's or Vietnam Tiger stripe pattern.
I plan on using black dye in spots and streaks, to further break up the pattern, which should work quite well.

Here is my son in BDU's, next to an Elk trail.

My other son in a Vietnam Tiger stripe pattern top and BDU pants. Had he been in the woods, he would be really hard to spot.

I have multiple types depending on where I plan to hunt that day. If I am hunting in open hay fields, the DCU pattern works very well there.

The proper camouflage pattern for the environment you are in, is a must if you want to blend in as much as possible.

1-058_zps27ad84bc.jpg 1-2-4_zpsbb484e22.jpg 1-2-5_zps2c071abc.jpg

Alpenflage works well in the fall in some areas. I used tiger stripe camo when I played paintball in high school and it worked very well. My favorites for the pnw forests are tiger stripes, Danish M84 and Nwu type 3.

danish_m84_shirt.jpg

DSC02042.jpg

I have probably the first printing of THE ULTIMATE SNIPER by John Plaster and it has a chapter about how camo works. The book should be on the must read list of any shooter.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top