JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Preachin' to the choir man.

I'd be very surprised if even half a dozen anti gun snowflakes sat through all 9 minutes.

Don't get me wrong I think she's great, I just don't believe the foes of freedom have any open mindedness whatsoever.

The only thing relevant about assault rifles, or automatics in general, is they need to relegalize registration of post 86 automatics.

Or get rid of the NFA which would get rid of the registration aspect, thus making post 86 automatics legal again. Either way.

The firearms manufacturers and firearms media share some of the blame for civilian semiautomatic look-alikes of true assault rifles being called assault rifles.

"The popularly held idea that the terms [assault rifle and assault pistol] originated with antigun activists, media or politicians is wrong," [Phillip] Peterson [author of the Gun Digest Buyer's Guide to Tactical Rifles] wrote. "The terms [were] first adopted by the manufacturers, wholesalers, importers and dealers in the American firearms industry to stimulate sales of certain firearms that did not have an appearance that was familiar to many firearm owners. The manufacturers and gun writers of the day needed a catchy name to identify this new type of gun."

1p80i0-jpg.jpg
1zxqn7l-jpg.jpg
15zglmg-png.png

After they realized the term "assault rifle" had acquired a negative image with politicians and the general public, the firearms industry and media tried to rebrand black rifles as "modern sporting rifles",

msr_2014_guns_us_c1-445x603-jpg.jpg

but it was too late. The damage was done.

Gun laws work.
Not the way we think, though!

Let's just imagine such conversations were not real...

Gun manufacturers and dealers: "Hey, the sales are good, but it could be better. Those gun enthusiasts are buying used guns from each other for less instead of spending more on new ones."
Lobbyists: "No worries, here is WA I-594!"
RCW 9.41.113: Firearm sales or transfers—Background checks—Requirements—Exceptions. (<i>Effective until July 1, 2019.</i>)

Retired Police/Sheriffs/FBI: "We need to stay busy and to make some extra! Could we mandate those civilians to pay us for ability to exercise their God-given right?"
Lobbyists: "No problem, here is WA SB-5174!"
Washington State Legislature

Gun manufacturers: "Uh, how can we reduce the net cost of those toys that we make? Equipping them with collapsible stocks, threaded barrels, etc. - it's so time and materials consuming! Can't we just simplify it? Also, we'd make two 10-rd magazines from 30-rd one."
Lobbyists: "That's easy! Here is WA HB 1068 and HB 1286!"

Gun safes' makers "We need to increase sales of our Chinese made crap!"
Lobbyists: "Your wish is our command! WA I-1639!"
https://www.sos.wa.gov/_assets/elections/initiatives/finaltext_1531.pdf

Just follow the money, honey!

Last Edited:
Personally I just like the terms Rifle or Carbine.
If pressed I will say something like :
The AR15 series of rifles are Semi Auto rifles...And maybe mention that Semi Auto rifles have been with us for over 100 years now.

I know that my non-use of the term isn't really going to affect anyone...but I don't like to use terms that I do not agree with , in my communication.

And I also know that my following view is extreme.
The two rifles shown below are the same in basic form...
Both are just rifles...and both are subject to same basic rules of firearm safety.
Neither one is more deadly than the other.
A unsafe person with either one is dangerous ...Just like a safe person is not dangerous with either one.
Andy
DSC06814.jpg

AR15.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads