JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
looking to do something a little different for a woods/fishing gun.

.460 rowland

Take a tactical 5" XD and install this conversion on it ---

<broken link removed>

I reload so ammo isn't to big of an issue. I like the numbers that I read about cal.

Any one have any exirance with the .460 rowland?

about this conversion?

:s0071: :gun02:

Huge fan of XD's. I'd be very curious to see if they can handle something like this without losing what, in my opinion, is the best thing about them which is reliability/durability. If it can, then we have something REALLY cool on our hands here!! Wonder if that will work on the XDm45?

Wow! Just did some research on the .460 rowland. This could seriously change everything. There are so many arguments on this site regarding what to carry in the woods, and many feel the .44 magnum is the only way to go. This seems to give you all of the advantages of a semi-auto, carry wise, and the undisputed power of the .44! I carry a .45acp when bowhunting and wouldn't consider taking a shot at a bear, unless it was attacking, but with this conversion I might consider it. Might even consider selling my HK45 for a XDm45 if the conversion works for it. REALLY curious. Anyone know anything about this?

Wow! Just did some research on the .460 rowland. This could seriously change everything. There are so many arguments on this site regarding what to carry in the woods, and many feel the .44 magnum is the only way to go. This seems to give you all of the advantages of a semi-auto, carry wise, and the undisputed power of the .44! I carry a .45acp when bowhunting and wouldn't consider taking a shot at a bear, unless it was attacking, but with this conversion I might consider it. Might even consider selling my HK45 for a XDm45 if the conversion works for it. REALLY curious. Anyone know anything about this?

That is what I was thinking.

I'll have to wait till after the holidays. I found a tactical XD at Norpoint for $470 or so, little use on it.

I think this might just rock. :rockon:

.460 Rowland has been around since 1998. If it hasn't been picked up yet, it probably won't.

Picked up yet? picked up by who?

I am aware of how long it's been out, shot a 1911 chambered for it. I liked that one.

I think I like the idea in the XD platform a lot.

Are you meaning picked up by a manufacture? Starline is making brass. I reload anyway and you use std .45acp dies.

Most of my rifles are wildcats, I don't much worry about factory options.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top