JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
After the 2008 scare died down there were a lot of dealers with inventory that cost them more than current pricing.
Again I see contradiction. If a business purchased inventory that cost more than current pricing then they were only thinking short term and were attempting to capitalize on the buying frenzy which had already passed resulting in their having to take losses on items that collapsed in price as you stated. So what is 'Not True' about what I posted? If the business buys inventory at an inflated price and then cannot sell it due to a collapse then no matter how much they mark it up it is not going to sell. You sound like you are defending a business because they missed the curve. This is an example of the 'Pet Rock' failure. There is simply no 'fluidity' with inventory that was purchased at a higher amount than it is worth now.

I work in a sporting goods store on weekends and hate to tell you but prices have been going up over the last 2 years. It seems as we print more money (so called stimulus current one is 40 billion a month now) the value of the dollar goes down and the buying power goes down. We have seen it in every product we sell firearms included.

I agree some stores may be inflating the price but our cost has been going up with evey order we place.

Just FYI

Very valid point, can't disagree at all.

What most of us have a problem with with is the timing of these changes.. Hrmmm the day after a anti gun president is elected suddenly everything jumps in price.. As was mentioned, this was not new stock that all magically arrived midnight on Nov 7th. It is gouging, just like if a big ice storm was inbound to us and the price of gas magically went up $.50 overnight about 2days before it hit when people need to stock up incase the power goes out..

Was at Bi Mart today and while picking up some primers one of the guys shows me a new store directive to limit ammo to 500rds each caliber.

Sounds like a store/company trying to stem the panic buying and super stocking up. Trying to give everyone a chance to get some ammo rather than a few of us buying them out... Seems like we saw that last time with shortages that caused major price changes and much of the ammo st unused, maybe they are just trying to lessen that?

I work for a dealer. Because I am not the owner, or speaking for the owner, I will not say which.

We have no plans to increase prices on already in-stock items. Our prices are based on our cost at time of purchase from distributors or manufacturers (in the case of dealers who prefer direct). What I have seen from distributors has been a mix of no change, and instant increase. Core stuff like Glocks have hovered. Less produced stuff has spiked in many areas.

Since the election, I've seen a jump in ammunition sales, and more first-time rifle shopping/buying. One distributor said they had a single order for $80,000 in ARs on election night. Orders like that can cause ripples.

I was out running errands yesterday.
BiMart and a couple local gun shops... plenty of ammo in stock, usual prices.
Quite a few firearms on sale, too. Glocks all seem to be on sale now and damned if they're not tempting me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top