JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Any business that would raise prices on a stock item (that was purchased at a fixed price) would be guilty of gouging. Guns are not like oil and bought and sold as 'futures' commodities. Now if the next gun stocked is X % higher then of course it will have to be raised but not for current stock.

prices changed at some shops over the past couple days. depends what you're looking for and where you were going.

From what I've seen in the three shops i've been to, too many times in the past couple weeks:
Glocks seem to be the same price (or on sale)
Kahr is the same price
S&W M&P all went up in price
Anything "black gun" went up in price
Ammo went up 10% overnight

I work in a sporting goods store on weekends and hate to tell you but prices have been going up over the last 2 years. It seems as we print more money (so called stimulus current one is 40 billion a month now) the value of the dollar goes down and the buying power goes down. We have seen it in every product we sell firearms included.

I agree some stores may be inflating the price but our cost has been going up with evey order we place.

Just FYI

My local gun shop/ffl told me that he received a call from his distributors the day before the elections and was told if they wanted any ARs and a few other black rifles they had to order and pay that day for items in stock or expect back order. The prices on ARs went up $50-100 depending on model. I figure the price increase will be given an additional bump of $25-50 to buffer for the next price increases due to the "oh my god all guns will be banned" rush. Not saying its right but fecal matter rolls down hill and gains size/momentum as it does.

Was at Bi Mart today and while picking up some primers one of the guys shows me a new store directive to limit ammo to 500rds each caliber.

Any business that would raise prices on a stock item

... Most likely would have voted for Romney. Profit is not to be confused with gouging. A willing buyer and a willing seller are the basis of capitalism. Liberals will often call it gouging if they do not like the price.

I don't think these guys are libs, I think we all just want to see prices stay reasonable so we can all enjoy our hobbies. It's the gun nuts and libs trying to get rid of our right to bear arms causing these scares, driving the sudden demand. Of course our fellow capitalists are just making their money off simple supply and demand. It's the damn libs we need to get rid of.

I don't think these guys are libs, I think we all just want to see prices stay reasonable so we can all enjoy our hobbies. It's the gun nuts and libs trying to get rid of our right to bear arms causing these scares, driving the sudden demand. Of course our fellow capitalists are just making their money off simple supply and demand. It's the damn libs we need to get rid of.

What? Liberals are causing the "scares?" It's been nothing but died in the wool "Muslim Obama is gonna take away our guns!" conservatives who are making mad dashes to the stores and fearmongering online.

Just a perspective from the libertarian side of things, at least.

"Any business that would raise prices on a stock item (that was purchased at a fixed price) would be guilty of gouging. Guns are not like oil and bought and sold as 'futures' commodities. Now if the next gun stocked is X % higher then of course it will have to be raised but not for current stock. "

Thats way wrong, if you are selling items, you have to price them based on replacement cost. If you bought an AR from some idiot for $50, then by your reasoning you should sell it for $75, --NOT!

Thats way wrong, if you are selling items, you have to price them based on replacement cost. If you bought an AR from some idiot for $50, then by your reasoning you should sell it for $75, --NOT!

The way I figure it, thanks to it being still some semblance of a free country, folks are free to sell their product for whatever price they want.

If people are foolish enough to pay for the inflated prices out of hysteria and panic, then that's on the buyers and not the seller.

Any business that would raise prices on a stock item (that was purchased at a fixed price) would be guilty of gouging. Guns are not like oil and bought and sold as 'futures' commodities. Now if the next gun stocked is X % higher then of course it will have to be raised but not for current stock.

Not true. They have to deal with the market place which is fluid.
After the 2008 scare died down there were a lot of dealers with inventory that cost them more than current pricing. Some had to take losses on items that collapsed in price. If they did not, their inventory would sit on the shelves.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top