JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've always maintained that my Android/Google smartphone is listening to our conversations.

So many times I have discussed something obscure, off-the-cuff random thing with someone to have it be an immediate auto-complete on a Google search.

Today, something even more obvious just happened.

We were watching "Family Feud" on regular TV (not streaming) and the question was "name a man who is both bald and beautiful". One of the answers that no one got was "Telly Savalas". My 13 y/o son asked me "who the heck is that" and of course I said "he's way before your time".

Just opened the Youtube site, and right there on my main recommends is a "Telly Savalas Biography". I have never, ever, searched YT for anything remotely related to the guy, heck I forgot he existed. Of course, I am aware that Google owns YT, so whilst it's surprising, it's also obvious.

What about all of y'all? Any similar experiences to share? telly savalas whuh.png

Maybe. But who provides your TV service?

It could be that you did something on your TV that clued them in too.

I have Amazon Prime video, so yeah, there is probably some crossover for me.

I don't notice any indication of anybody listening while my phone is present - but I do see ads on FB that I searched for elsewhere.

Maybe. But who provides your TV service?

It could be that you did something on your TV that clued them in too.

I have Amazon Prime video, so yeah, there is probably some crossover for me.

I don't notice any indication of anybody listening while my phone is present - but I do see ads on FB that I searched for elsewhere.

I just have bone-simple basic cable OTA service, local channels. No set-top box. My streaming TVs were off, this TV we were watching is a 20 y/o Sharp, unable to snitch!

I'm sure it likes hearing me cuss out trucks. The amount of times I use... Ahem.... Adult themed language, I'd expect to get more cathouse ads, maybe a vasectomy solicitation. I hardly think it's uncanny what my phone comes up with. Usually something I googled within the hour more than things I've seen/said. That said, before I denied location services to certain apps, I'd get a request to review any store I got too close to for too long and that got darn annoying

I keep location services turned off. When I went on vacation last January, I had to turn it on to use Uber. I turned it off when we started for home. I just checked on my Google location history, and it did not show my location during that time, but then I have selected delete my data automatically after 90 days.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top