Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Those 'other' optics...

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by JeremyK, Jan 24, 2015.

1. JeremyK

JeremyK Milwaukie Professional BA

So we all know and love our EOtechs and our Aimpoints, but what about the C-mores, the Meprolights, the Doctors, the Bushnells and others? Anyone have any experience with the other reflex sights out there? I've been eyeballing this one, with my tax return right around the corner, I might jump on it:

http://www.meprolight.com/default.a...itemid={E810936B-2708-40EB-8AE9-1659CB4ED3D7}

So input would be great! Thanks guys!

2. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I have a couple of Trijicon Reflex model rx06 sights that don't use batteries or switches.
    Everyone who has handled the rifles commented on how great they were at acquiring close up targets.
    Both have the triangle instead of a dot and I have grown to prefer it over the dot.

I'm now in the market for one of their RMR dual illuminated models.

3. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

Most Mepro sights averages at 4 to 5 stars in their reviews...I own Mepro iron sights and have no experience with their holographic sights.

4. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Meprolight is Israeli, supplies kit to the IDF and has a great reputation that is battle tested.

They are only really getting started (relatively speaking) in the U.S. market. They're spendy, but considered top-shelf by many in the know.

Having said all that, I plan to have a Mepro on a Tavor when I get around to obtaining one, hopefully this year.

5. dwaineshort

dwaineshort Vancouver WA Active Member

Been very happy with every primary arms scopes and dots I've bought. I've owed acog, aimpoint, eotech, vortex. Now their new micro dot even does 50000 hours on one battery.

6. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

I am not a huge fan of the Eotech as they are wider then the AR is. I do have one and it worked well on one of my HK's. Now it lives on my belt-fed .22 AR.

I have a C-more one my 9mm AR and have been very happy. If I was in need/want of another similar optic I would buy another.

7. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

I picked up a Bushnell branded EOTech several years ago that didn't have the outer cover on it:

1914_G_1250178459950.JPG

It's not wider than the gun. It has been very reliable. They don't seem to carry them anymore but I'll bet you can find a used one somewhere.

Nwcid likes this.