JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, 5:00am this morning I get a call. Thinking WTF, I answer it before (hopefully) it wakes the wife. I pick up the phone and say nothing. In the background I hear other voices. As if a call center. I wait, then hear, "hello". I say nothing, just listen. Again, the caller says "hello". I reply PHUCH YOU. Caller responds, No, such my dich. He hang hangs up. CLICK. Me thinking...that was rude!!

I installed A Panasonic KX-TG6672B phone system which holds 30 numbers to block. Any blocked number rings once and then is hung up. You just 'save' the number on the caller ID to the Block folder and you're done.

You don't have to do anything from then on. Pretty soon they are not calling anymore.:D

The newest model with 2 portables and a base phone is $71.55 at A-zon. KX-TGF382M

wow the new model blocks 250 numbers!!!

They always call about your Windows computer? Tell them you have a Mac./ Apple. That usually stuns them enough that they will leave you alone.

Told my wife about this one so the next time we got a call she told them we don't have Windows, we have an Apple. Next day we received a call that our Apple Ipod had developed a problem and we should call an (844) number for technical assistance. Note: we don't have an Ipod. I called the phone company to see where area code 844 is located. They couldn't tell me where, but did advise that it was connected with a scam.

Thanks, Mike. I recall reading something in the distant past about some supposedly toll free numbers that hit the caller with a big charge on the phone bill and wonder if this is something similar. Has anyone called an (844) number? If so what happened? And no, I'm not curious enough to call it just to find out.

On my wife's and my cell phones we have a program called "Should I Answer?".
It is an automatic call blocker that works off a nationwide database. It's free.
My wife used to get at least 5 calls a day from scammers, spammers and other idiots.
It is down to zero now.
Occasionally one new one gets through and all she has to do is press an icon and the call is
immediately blocked, hung up on and placed on the list.
It works for us perfectly.

I just say they called John from down the hall of them in my best Indian accent or tell them to puck off before I hunt them down. I also like to shock the. By telling them I don't have a computer.

If you have young children, just hand the phone to them and tell them that its Santa Claus calling from the North Pole to ask what they want for Christmas.

We don't answer the phone in our house unless we know the caller.
We dropped the land line because of the scammers and it was a waste of money.
On our cell phones we have caller I.D. and an app that works off a national database and blocks known scammers.
If we see a number that gets through to us on the caller ID that we don't know we tap a button on the app and
it is blocked, hung up on and placed on the permanent list.
My wife used to get at least 5 to 10 scam calls a week.
She gets nothing now.
Me? I never get anything. It seems no one likes me..................:(
Life is good.

If we see a number that gets through to us on the caller ID that we don't know we tap a button on the app and
it is blocked, hung up on and placed on the permanent list.

I wonder about this....What f I got your number from a (distant?) acquaintance of yours and was calling for something along the lines, of say, some machinery, needed information, some help with some project (fire arms?) that you knew things about? Basically could be any number of things. It could be something mutually beneficial to both of us. Would I just be permanently blocked?

I don't get what it hurts to pick up the phone on an unknown number? Obviously if it says "800 Service" or some obvious sales call, DUH! But-hey, I even pick on the 800 service stuff sometimes just so I can yank their chain a bit. I might be in the mood to let out some pent up aggression's, and messing with someone that shouldn't be calling anyway is a good way to do it! :D

I wonder about this....What f I got your number from a (distant?) acquaintance of yours and was calling for something along the lines, of say, some machinery, needed information, some help with some project (fire arms?) that you knew things about? Basically could be any number of things. It could be something mutually beneficial to both of us. Would I just be permanently blocked?

I don't get what it hurts to pick up the phone on an unknown number? Obviously if it says "800 Service" or some obvious sales call, DUH! But-hey, I even pick on the 800 service stuff sometimes just so I can yank their chain a bit. I might be in the mood to let out some pent up aggression's, and messing with someone that shouldn't be calling anyway is a good way to do it! :D

We have no relatives, acquaintances, friends, friends of non-existant relatives or acquaintances of non-existant friends.
So you would get blocked.
Then I would quietly chuckle to myself and continue on with my day undisturbed........:p

View attachment 351225 View attachment 351226

We pay $7 a month for a landline as part of our internet/cable package. We never answer it when it rings.
We give that number out when filling out forms or paperwork that could be sold to scammers.
There is a message on that number with my cell # on it. So a live human who has legit business with me can either leave a voicemail, or listen to the message and reach me on my cell phone.
99% of spam and robot calls simply bounce off when there is no answer and my voicemail kicks in. And my wife checks for messages every couple of days to see if there are any that matter and to delete the ones that dont.
Its the easiest "firewall" in the world.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top