Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Thompson SMG Evolution

cigars

Reactions
I had one back in the late 80's. A guy gave it to me as a part trade on a motorcycle I sold him. After I had my fun with it I turned around and gave it as part trade on a different motorcycle. Easy come, easy go. Lol.

Diamondback

Reactions
If I could have any one TSMG, the lawyers do whatever paperwork and gates picks up the check and the meddlesome Sh*t-Filled Skins in government just get the hell out of my way, I'd go with a 1928AC. The classic style and better ergonomics of the Chicago Typewriter, with the slower and more affordable rate-of-fire of the later models. I mean, if you're already dumping ten rounds every SECOND, how much benefit will an additional five get you?

Reactions
CountryGent
Thanks for sharing these links, a nice resource.

The author presented some interesting information on Thompson variations ...even though his number estimates on some non-military held 1928 inventories were way low.

OP
CountryGent

CountryGent

Reactions
@ob1, glad they are of interest. I noticed that too on his non-mil figures. I don't have it in front of me, but I recall that The Thompson Submachine Gun: From Prohibition Chicago to World War II, by Martin Pegler, referenced much higher numbers.

Reactions: ob1

LATEST REVIEWS

• Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Love all the Guys and Gals, the redbeard is pleased. Even if it wasn't 1 min away from my house...
    • SVT-ROY
  • Liberty Safes of Oregon
    5.00 star(s)
    I bugged these guys for a while as I was on the fence as to what safe to buy. There are so many...
    • trekkerpaul
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Tim is fantastic! He does great work and does it in a timely manner! He reblued a Colt slide for...
    • hker71
  • Aloha Surplus
    4.00 star(s)
    Its always fun to check out the surplus stuff they have. Some is reasonably priced, some not so...
    • trekkerpaul
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I recently sent in a project gun to Mr. Copeland to slick up an action and thread the barrel...
    • CountryGent

Staff online