JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
image.jpg Up for sale and/or trade is this Thompson Contender. This is a second series of the first generation, as noted by the safety on the hammer and the cougar engraving on the side plate. Currently wearing a "Super 14" .44 magnum barrel with a Williams peep sight. The "super" designation denotes a heavier barrel. Is also currently sporting the hand saving "Competitor" grip. image.jpg

Included in the package is a .45 Colt barrel that has a scope base attached. Of course the base and peep will swap to the respective barrels if you desire. There is a stubby fore grip for the shorter .45 barrel. image.jpg

There is an additional two grips in the package, one a Pachmayr Decelerator, the other the "Cougar"medalioned thumb rest grip.
image.jpg
The 102xxx serial dates this to 1978 manufacture
image.jpg
From my research, each of these is priced as follows:
Williams Peep $50
Frame $300
Barrels $225 ea ($200 to $250+ in some cases)
Pachmayr grip $35
Competitor grip $40
Cougar grip $40
Scope mount $10

Which totals, like you don't already know, to $925 by my findings.

Now, I don't like to pay retail, and my dear friends, neither do you, so I'm open to be reasonable.

Let's call it $850 for cash price nazi's. I love to negotiate, but keep in mind I am by no means hurting to give up this sweet pistola.

I thrive on trades as well. Rather than telling you what I'm looking for, it's easier to rule out what I have no use for, which is as follows:

Anything in .40 cal, or odd calibers for that matter.
Antique guns of any kind, why would I want it if I can't shoot it?
Stupid, overpriced .22's
Stupid, tactical .22's, if such it can be called
Glocks, not cause they aren't great, but because I can't shoot reloads in them unless I invest enough money in them to just go buy a good gun.
"Hunting" rifles, I have no use for a rifle to hunt game with, have what I need already.
Most shotguns, again, have what I need/want already

If I've completely shot down all your hopes and dreams of a trade by my ridiculous don't want list, feel free to still offer it. Worst I can say is pound sand. But you'd have to be pretty douchey to get that out of me. Most likely it'd be a, "what else ya got friend?"

I would trade for the pistol with one barrel and wood grips. Have a nice SS Vaquero in 45LC. 5 5/8 barrel
I think. Ivory grips. box and paperwork. as new.
Don

Hmmm, tell me more about this Talo vaquero?
Hi,
The Vaquero in 44 special is/was only available from TALO.
It is a new frame blued vaquero with 4 5/8 " barrel
Mine is new in box with papers ect. It also has spanish diamond grips as well as a set of black grips.
Nice revolver/
View attachment 91468 Up for sale and/or trade is this Thompson Contender. This is a second series of the first generation, as noted by the safety on the hammer and the cougar engraving on the side plate. Currently wearing a "Super 14" .44 magnum barrel with a Williams peep sight. The "super" designation denotes a heavier barrel. Is also currently sporting the hand saving "Competitor" grip. View attachment 91469

Included in the package is a .45 Colt barrel that has a scope base attached. Of course the base and peep will swap to the respective barrels if you desire. There is a stubby fore grip for the shorter .45 barrel. View attachment 91470

There is an additional two grips in the package, one a Pachmayr Decelerator, the other the "Cougar"medalioned thumb rest grip.
View attachment 91471
The 102xxx serial dates this to 1978 manufacture
View attachment 91472
From my research, each of these is priced as follows:
Williams Peep $50
Frame $300
Barrels $225 ea ($200 to $250+ in some cases)
Pachmayr grip $35
Competitor grip $40
Cougar grip $40
Scope mount $10

Which totals, like you don't already know, to $925 by my findings.

Now, I don't like to pay retail, and my dear friends, neither do you, so I'm open to be reasonable.

Let's call it $850 for cash price nazi's. I love to negotiate, but keep in mind I am by no means hurting to give up this sweet pistola.

I thrive on trades as well. Rather than telling you what I'm looking for, it's easier to rule out what I have no use for, which is as follows:

Anything in .40 cal, or odd calibers for that matter.
Antique guns of any kind, why would I want it if I can't shoot it?
Stupid, overpriced .22's
Stupid, tactical .22's, if such it can be called
Glocks, not cause they aren't great, but because I can't shoot reloads in them unless I invest enough money in them to just go buy a good gun.
"Hunting" rifles, I have no use for a rifle to hunt game with, have what I need already.
Most shotguns, again, have what I need/want already

If I've completely shot down all your hopes and dreams of a trade by my ridiculous don't want list, feel free to still offer it. Worst I can say is pound sand. But you'd have to be pretty douchey to get that out of me. Most likely it'd be a, "what else ya got friend?"

You are close by. I'm in Lincoln City. Come down and see what I have that you might just "need"
I'm available today or probably wedensday. Have to go
to a VA medical appt Mon and Tue.
my email is [email protected].

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.