JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He didn't show a target or anything, those Makarov rounds could have fragmented for all we know.

Oh and his shooting stance......he's probably AMAZING at COD. :rolleyes:

Well....you go ahead and do so .....with your guns , not any of mine.
In all seriousness....Why risk any damage to your firearm or harm to yourself...?
Again....shoot only what your firearm is chambered for.
Andy
Sometimes a question has to be answered the hard way. I once had a .270 rifle I intentionally loaded a round full of pistol powder for and set up a controlled environment to see first hand what the results would be. The long story short is, it locked the bolt up solid but much of the rifle survived. I even took a video of the firing but it wasn't terribly exciting. Likely a one time experiment

Sometimes a question has to be answered the hard way. I once had a .270 rifle I intentionally loaded a round full of pistol powder for and set up a controlled environment to see first hand what the results would be. The long story short is, it locked the bolt up solid but much of the rifle survived. I even took a video of the firing but it wasn't terribly exciting. Likely a one time experiment

Why....?
What is the point of that...?
Just "to see first hand what the results would be."....makes no sense.
I understand that if I step in front of moving bus , I may get flattened....I don't need to try it , just to see the results.

Again...use the cartridge that the firearm was designed for.
Andy

He must not be aware than 9x18 Makarov is actually larger in bullet diameter than 9mm or .380.
Never good idea to shoot bullet larger diameter than is intended for the bore.
Makes me wonder if now the bore is oversized and now less accurate with 9mm Luger/Parabellum.

Why....?
I understand that if I step in front of moving bus , I may get flattened....I don't need to try it , just to see the results.

Andy
Ok, that's fair. I appreciate your input

Why....?

Andy

'Merica

Well my final post for me in this thread....
Its your firearm....if you want to shoot a cartridge out of it , that it was not designed to shoot....go right on ahead....Just don't do it with one of mine.

To promote the idea or practice of doing so....is reckless and and dangerous.
Andy

Considering the mac is about .010 size larger projectile than the luger I would not even think of it
Typo repaired :eek:

Last Edited:
A friend of mine bought a Ruger Vaquero and a box of .44 mag "bear" loads (300gr... this was in Wyoming grizzly country), and we went out to shoot it. Strangely, there was almost no recoil, and we could actually see the bullet flying through the air - hitting the old fence post we were shooting at, and bouncing off it! We were standing there, scratching our head... looked at the fired brass, and it looked pregnant. It finally dawned on us to look at the barrel markings: .45 Colt.

He had been in the gun shop, going back and forth between two identical guns, one in .44 and the other in .45. He finally decided on the .44 but the shop owner got it wrong when he put everything back together.

I'm glad OTHER people do these things and video tape it. I'm a curious person myself but it's much safer to watch it on video. Just sayin

This one I could guess what the results would be and it was just as I had guessed it. I got a hoot years ago out of reading in Hatchers notebook all the tests the military did with the Springfield rifle to try and blow it up after the double heat treatment process was implemented. It's amazing how strong firearms really are. How many of you old timers remember that.

Considering the mac is about .10 size larger projectile than the luger I would not even think of it

0.01, not .1 - .365 vs .355 as mentioned earlier. That's not *too* much more than how say, a .308 rifle works - a bore of 0.300 with a bullet diameter of .308. Rifle rounds are working at higher pressures even. Maybe that 0.002" extra is enough to make for a bad boom - but I think with a sufficient powder charge, it might actually work. If someone had the money to waste (on a potential catastrophic kaboom) and the proper means to safely test it, why not? Science doesn't have to be boring. I wouldn't advocate using the wrong ammo for carry or range use, but I see some merit in the "will it blend" sort of entertainment.

I agree, difficult to watch. I saw one a while back that was promoting the opposite: shooting 9mm Luger ammo in a 9mm Makarov firearm. That's another one I would strongly recommend against.

There are a lot of things that can be done that shouldn't be done. There are some improper caliber combinations that can actually work that would surprise a lot of people. I'm not going to get into what they are because even though they can work, it's still wrong, wrong, wrong! Sometimes things work OK in one gun, because of chamber tolerances and such, that would blow up another gun.

I'm surprised that the guy on the video was able to chamber a 9x18 Mak in the 9x19 chamber. The SCCY must have a loose chamber. If the chamber is loose enough though, it does not surprise me that it didn't damage the gun. The 9x18 is loaded far lighter, and yes, bullets will compress in a bore (unless they're steel core). Many among us would be surprised just how much the ductile lead core bullet will compress and not harm the bore in the slightest. That doesn't make it right! If the round was wedged in the chamber tightly so the case couldn't release the bullet, that absolutely could lead to a kaboom- an example of something working OK in one gun but not another of the same caliber.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top