Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

This will interest everyone.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Oregonhunter5, May 20, 2016.

1. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5 2C IDAHO Well-Known Member

2. nammac

nammac I-5 Corridor - West of Portland Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

3. x2ndxall

x2ndxall WA Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

AirResq and AndyinEverson like this.
  4. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

Nope.

Not everyone. :s0002:

slimer13 likes this.
  5. Boboclown

Boboclown North Carolina Well-Known Member

I'd rather have a bookcase. No one ever looks behind a book case. And it has books so no one will touch it.

Stomper likes this.
  6. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

Guns aren't the only thing that's bang bang near/on the headboard.

AirResq likes this.
  7. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

I thought that was what kitchen tables were for!! o_O

:D

Dyjital, AirResq and Larrytpdx like this.
  8. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

Washer on spin cycle.;)

Dyjital likes this.
  9. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Be the washer..... :D

Dyjital, clearconscience and Medic! like this.
  10. CoastRange57

CoastRange57 Western Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I lived in a duplex years ago that the bedrooms were common wall. Every Saturday and Sunday morning early the dude next door would start bouncing his girlfriend and it sounded like he had a sledge hammer on the wall. In those days I was pretty much hung over most Sat and Sun mornings, and probably had only had 3 hours of sleep at the most and it irritated the hell out of me. Finally I told him to move that fing headboard away from the wall or I was going to start pounding on the wall every time. He just laughed at me.

11. eliduc

eliduc Active Member

Only problem is, make the furniture too attractive and it will be stolen with the gun in it. I recently was gifted this ratty looking 15'x8' metal building. It's on skids and looks like it might have been a construction site office. it's paneled with plywood on the inside and has a plywood floor. The last owner was making bio-diesel in it. I had to rip out some plumbing. I painted the interior; put up some manly decorations, built a couple of shelves, moved my reloading table in and a salvage fridge out of an RV for my powder. There's a heater and radio. It makes a great man cave. it's so ugly on the outside that a burglar might think it is storage for garden tools or like that. It has expanded metal over the windows and I put a decent locking doorknob on the metal door.

Today I built a hidden shelf underneath the table top. Nothing fancy. The table has a 2x6 rail around it under the top. The shelf is 5 inches deep and 16"x25" and is screwed into the inside of the rail. The rail completely hides it and you have to get on your hands and knees to see it. Even then the handguns I have in it are not visible. It's big enough to hold five handguns. I built it for a hideaway and not quick access but I can reach it if I am sitting at the table. The building is more secure than my house. Something to think about. A small building with only one secure window and one door is a lot harder to break into than a house is. Kind of like a big safe. One security camera will survail the entire building. I do keep a 9mm in my night table that is also my carry gun and a cheap 25 cal Saturday night special that is a decoy gun there for someone to steal.