JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

To tell the truth, I almost lost my lunch seeing this thing...

Apart from that, words fail me.... almost, until I saw what had been done to the SIG Classic .22. Look at englishguns excellent series on getting [legal] possession of firearms in UK - a real eye-opener.

Remember that all this ruination of a perfectly ordinary handgun costs a FORTUNE!!! The Glock is going to sell - and it WILL sell like crazy - for around $1500, while the SIG Classic .22 is a truly horrendous $2079.00.

tac

Hard to believe that the British are the people that used to rule the world (literally).

Now, they aren't even allowed to possess an actual handgun. They have to have a completely gov't approved "super safe" one.

Hard to believe that the British are the people that used to rule the world (literally).

Now, they aren't even allowed to possess an actual handgun. They have to have a completely gov't approved "super safe" one.

Well, we can have ANY kind of muzzle-loading revolver or pistol in England, Scotland and Wales [I've got a Ruger Old Army], and in Northern Ireland they can STILL have REAL cartridge-firing handguns... Don't forget that we can also have long-barrelled revolvers and single-shot pistols. The sport of long-range pistol was invented here by Marine Gilly Howe. I have a 14" bull-barrelled Ruger Super Redhawk in .357Mag with a Burris scope on top, fer instance.

whoopee.

tac

What? Do you surgically install a socket in your sholder for the " carbine"
portion of the thing? Hum, might help repeatability for shouldering the piece!;)

I wonder who'll be the first to hold it upside down and backerds and shoot their self in the shoulder.
Oh, and I don't know who the guy in the video is, but it's pretty much considered bad form to slam the slide home upon an empty chamber.. if the video is any indicator, he did that a few thousand times that day alone.

I wonder who'll be the first to hold it upside down and backerds and shoot their self in the shoulder.
Oh, and I don't know who the guy in the video is, but it's pretty much considered bad form to slam the slide home upon an empty chamber.. if the video is any indicator, he did that a few thousand times that day alone.

The guy is an ex-military armourer who gets manufacturers like SIG and others to make handguns that the 3/4 of the UK can legally own. Northern Ireland - part of the UK - has no problem with ANY kind of handgun, just like it used to be here in yUK before a pedophile who should not have been allowed to keep his handguns went into a school and slaughtered sixteen 1st grade children and their teacher before allegedly topping himself.

Anyhow, without our slide-slappin' pal here there would be NO UK-mainland legal SIG Classic .22 pistol or this thing either, so I cut him some slack. Here there is even a Volquartsen converted Ruger Mk-whatever, IF you can take the $4800.00 hit in the pocket. AND Any kind of Cimarron Arms revolver with the long barrel and sticky-out bit, again, if you can take the nigh-on $5000 hit.

tac

Stone the crows ! ! I have not bought that many in the past 4-5 decades, nor have I seen that many in a store in the past couple years.

o.

Don't overlook the fact that here we have rather easier access to RWS, Fiocchi and Lapua stuff than you do. Three serious shooters in our club have each bought an entire batch of 5000 Lapua .22 Match grade for the year - and there are many like them.

tac

That Sir, is unlikely, given the six months probie time that newcomers to shooting have to undertake before
they can even apply for a gun owning certificate. But of course, you are joking, right?:)

tac
NRA Life Member since July 4th 1976
NRA Club Instructor

That Sir, is unlikely, given the six months probie time that newcomers to shooting have to undertake before
they can even apply for a gun owning certificate. But of course, you are joking, right?:)

tac
NRA Life Member since July 4th 1976
NRA Club Instructor
Yes, it was a joke essentially noting its quite symmetrical form.

I assume this is to deter concealed carry....because we all know criminals (at least in America) don't have access to a hacksaw.

In further news, UK has banned hacksaws....

I assume this is to deter concealed carry....because we all know criminals (at least in America) don't have access to a hacksaw.

In further news, UK has banned hacksaws....

Nossir - it is is to enable the poor buggers in UK who lost their handguns back in '97 to legally own something that bears a faint but passing resemblance to a handgun..

No criminal in his right mind would bother with anything like this unless they somehow managed to steal it from its owner. This is because this thing will cost almost £$1600, and requires the buyer to have a 'slot' on his license to purchase it before he can buy it.

A criminal only has to hang around certain supermarket car parks to buy a real 9mmP Glock for half that price - or so I'm told.

tac

'cos then it would be carbine with a less than legal-length barrel - here in UK such an arm, to be called a carbine/rifle, has to have minimum barrel length of 18"....you KNOW it all makes perfect sense. :O

If you live in a madhouse.

Anyhow, this thing's whole raison d'etre is that it a 'long-barrelled pistol' and NOT a carbine....

tac

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads