JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got some silver bear .223 at 215 for a 700 rnd tin. The brass stuff was all around 450 and up per 1000. And I noticed brass was allmost gone about half way through the day. Didn't notice 9mm though.

9mm ammo was nearly cleared-out by afternoon Friday, except Wolf. The big ammo sellers had mostly empty pallets by Three PM. A couple of smaller sellers had small stacks of various premium 9mm for way more than two dollars per round! The only "reasonable" price I saw was a gun table selling off four boxes of non +P 9mm Magtech hardball for $23.00 each for fifty rounds. In the ENTIRE show there were only ten or so boxes of .380 ammo left---at FORTY DOLLARS per twenty-round box!

I spoke to one reputable dealer who told me of spending TWENTY HOURS of internet searching of wholesale dealers for .380 ammo to buy. There is NONE. He had to jack up his prices on what little he has left to a ridiculous level.

For those who cry foul over "price-gouging" please remember that vendors have to survive somehow. If they cannot get product to sell today, they have to price what they have much higher just to keep going, not to mention needing to buy more at an even higher price tomorrow. Today's retail profits have to cover tomorrow's wholesale price increases.

The economy's Bad folks, it's Bad I tell you!...............elsullo :(

Went to the gunshow myself today around 2:30. The big ammo sellers were out of .223 and I also didn't see any 9mm. I was bummed. :( Hope to find another 1000 rounds of decent quality soon before prices get to outrageous.

9mm ammo was nearly cleared-out by afternoon Friday, except Wolf. The big ammo sellers had mostly empty pallets by Three PM. A couple of smaller sellers had small stacks of various premium 9mm for way more than two dollars per round! The only "reasonable" price I saw was a gun table selling off four boxes of non +P 9mm Magtech hardball for $23.00 each for fifty rounds. In the ENTIRE show there were only ten or so boxes of .380 ammo left---at FORTY DOLLARS per twenty-round box!

I spoke to one reputable dealer who told me of spending TWENTY HOURS of internet searching of wholesale dealers for .380 ammo to buy. There is NONE. He had to jack up his prices on what little he has left to a ridiculous level.

For those who cry foul over "price-gouging" please remember that vendors have to survive somehow. If they cannot get product to sell today, they have to price what they have much higher just to keep going, not to mention needing to buy more at an even higher price tomorrow. Today's retail profits have to cover tomorrow's wholesale price increases.

The economy's Bad folks, it's Bad I tell you!...............elsullo :(

Not quite sure I understand the logic that a bad (no money) economy =
'sold out' amunition. Isn't the reason they are 'sold out', because people bought the ammo and they haven't replaced it?

So, why haven't they replaced it?

Is it because people are buying it faster than it can be made? Certainly not what you'd expect in a 'Bad' Economy.

OR

Are the Ammo manufacture's cutting back on their production? Certainly not what one would expect in a 'Bad' Economy. And one would increase production, in time of high demand.

It's very strange. Wish I had an answer for what's going on.

Frog.

Is it because people are buying it faster than it can be made? Certainly not what you'd expect in a 'Bad' Economy.

OR

Are the Ammo manufacture's cutting back on their production? Certainly not what one would expect in a 'Bad' Economy. And one would increase production, in time of high demand.

It's very strange. Wish I had an answer for what's going on.

Frog.

The main reasons that ammo has been scarce is because civilians are buying it up, and the bigger reason is that the Department of Defense double their ammunition order for the next quarter, so priority goes to military contracts for production.

Went to the gunshow myself today around 2:30. The big ammo sellers were out of .223 and I also didn't see any 9mm. I was bummed. :( Hope to find another 1000 rounds of decent quality soon before prices get to outrageous.

There's another show(better one imo) up in chehalis next weekend. might give that one a try. I hope to get up there sometime saturday.

The military orders may be part of the problem, PhysicsGuy, but they are still part of the 'Consumer Chain'.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I always thought that each ammo manufacture had basicly two manufacturing plants. One plant makes military ammo to government spec., and the other that makes 'citizen ammo' to the company's default formula.

I'll tell you one thing. If they moved the one set of employees over to the military side, to fill those spec. orders, it time we get the woman back out there working in the ammo plants again!! This is war!! :D :D

Frog.

The military orders may be part of the problem, PhysicsGuy, but they are still part of the 'Consumer Chain'.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I always thought that each ammo manufacture had basicly two manufacturing plants. One plant makes military ammo to government spec., and the other that makes 'citizen ammo' to the company's default formula.

I'll tell you one thing. If they moved the one set of employees over to the military side, to fill those spec. orders, it time we get the woman back out there working in the ammo plants again!! This is war!! :D :D

Frog.

Well the problem is that they can only produce so much due to the limitations of their machinery. Also there was the recent scare with the ordered destruction of brass. I don't know about the companies having a civilian plant and a military plant. I just know that the majority of the consumer ammunition comes from ATK, and they also hold most of the military contracts.

(for reference ATK owns federal, speer, CCI, and other offshoots)

Soooo depressing, I was there 1st thing in the morning and there was nothing worth buying!! (ammo wise)

I DID notice that there were a LOT of M4's and AR15s, even if they were still overpriced.

I also found Magpuls! Nice! But, too expensive at $30/ea. The idea behind the pmags is that they were to be relatively inexpensive, and easy to produce massive quantities of... So much for that!

I actually seen a few AR's at a decent price. I seen some DPMS for 950-1100 and Some DelTon's for the 800 range. I did notice that the complete uppers were quite expensive but I did find some lowers and parts kits at fair at best prices. I didn't notice them flying off the tables as fast as possible like previous shows

I got an Lower Parts Kit for my first AR-15 Im building, it cost me like 100 I thought that was good because I needed it. even got it with one of those nice hoge wraparound grip covers,

GOt 3 AR mags for 57 so I think im doing good, I talkd the guy down from 60 so that was cool.

this was my 4th or 5th guns show, it was awesome. cant wait for the next on., ing going to get one of those green lazers that supposedly go the moon and a bad *** flying helicopter for my Gf who wants one

They are cutting ammo supplies because they don't want us to have it. I think companies are waiting to hear about microstamping regulations and whether the reloaders will still be able to buy spent military brass to reload and sell to civies...

Buy whatever you can where ever you can... I think ammo is going to become a rare commodity soon.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top