JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
or... on your way home from the gun show you could just go to fishermans marine and buy ammo. I went shooting at TPTS this morning and swung by Fishermans. They had Federal 5.56 for 9.99 and lots of different .223 and some 9mm and .40 (nothing in defense loads) but Blazer Brass, Federal, Winchester white. Most I've seen over there for awhile.

While you're over there run over to "GI" Joe's and buy something, they need it. I'd hate to see them go even though they've made some bad decisions recently.

Ed

Frog: the "bad economy" that I was attempting to joke about by misquoting Jay Leno is in regards to a nation-wide civilian ammo buying frenzy. Those with money are stocking up to protect themselves from those without money. Anybody with a nose to the wind and an ear to the ground can imagine a near future of hungry, homeless people going door-to-door for, uh, assistance. The bad economy is causing those who can to hoard ammo, with good reason...........................elsullo

I've been in contact with Federal regarding the shortage in ammo. Quite simply, they can not keep up with the DOD and consumer demand.

Here's one of the latest responses I received from them.

We've seen unprecedented demand for certain calibers of
Ammunition and primers over the past several years. We've added capacity
to meet the increasing demand and are fulfilling backorders.
Thank you for your patience.

Sounds like they are either trying to make adjustments or this is their stock response. Who knows?

Point well taken, elsullo.

I never thought of it being 'so bad' that people would come begging at people's door! But you're right, I guess it could come to that.

Maybe I'm living with my 'head in the sand', but I just don't see it being as bad as the Media makes it out to be. But I'm not saying it won't get worse, before it gets better.

And I guess, relating the economy to the ammo shortage, recreational stuff is, and always has been, enjoyed with disposable income. The more disposable income, the more toys, and that hasn't really changed. And, while people are obviously buying ammo, there didn't look like any 'hoarders' at the firing ranch last week! :D

Do you think people are 'stocking up' for a civil war or
maybe just a Tea Party? :confused:

Frog.

I never thought of it being 'so bad' that people would come begging at people's door! But you're right, I guess it could come to that.

People did go door-to-door for food/money/help during the Depression. The stories I've read suggest that people gave these folks help because they knew they could be out doing the same thing if fortune went against them at some point. How would I react to this? Hard to say - guess it would depend on who's at my doorstep.

Do you think people are 'stocking up' for a civil war or maybe just a Tea Party?

I'd guess people are hedging bets. Or, at least, that's the way I'm looking at it...

9mm ammo is scarce, but NW Armory has American Eagle and some budget brand. i recently found Winchester 9mm NATO at Sporty's in Clatskanie when passing through from the coast.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top