JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My last name is a full MacGregor name. Rob Roy won over 60 personal duels (plus war work), most within seconds. I have to say that although this was a great scene I think I could (these days with my MAs skills) have killed the little bad guy on the first pass but you can't prove that without the actual combat

Last edited by a moderator:
Liam Neeson was in the movie "Next of Kin". Just some humor.

If your ancestors were among those who fought the tyranny of England than I salute them. Even then, only a small minority had the guts to fight.

Unfortunately, we are still essentially a British colony and not really 'free' from them, but that is an entirely different story.

Liam Neeson was in the movie "Next of Kin". Just some humor.

If your ancestors were among those who fought the tyranny of England than I salute them. Even then, only a small minority had the guts to fight.

Unfortunately, we are still essentially a British colony and not really 'free' from them, but that is an entirely different story.

We were of the line of the Dal Raita Irish Scotti who invaded Alba and after fighting the Picts for 200 years finally married one of our men to a Pictish princess and took over Scotland. We always fought the Saxons although my last name is Norman, my ancestor married into MacGregor so we are a fully accepted clan name. We were the first to join Sir William Wallace in 1297 and we fought at Stirling Bridge 1297 and helped take a lot of castles

That's some awesome family history, you're lucky to have so much information about your ancestors.

I've got Davy Crockett on my mother's side, and my dad's side dates back to 1632 in America, and had a revolutionary war soldier a couple generations later.

That's some awesome family history, you're lucky to have so much information about your ancestors.

I've got Davy Crockett on my mother's side, and my dad's side dates back to 1632 in America, and had a revolutionary war soldier a couple generations later.

Three of my ancestors/relations with my father's exact name were at Lexington and Concord, 1775. One stood on Lexington Green, heard the shot heard round the world, and fired at the Redcoats and was gunned down. Another was captured before Lexington and marched behind the Redcoats and forced to watch. Another was a militia captain at Concord who led the 2nd charge across the bridge that broke the Redcoat ranks and sent then into total retreat to Boston, 60 miles away. It's possible our ancestors even knew each other. We first came here in the early 1620s

Have you ever been to Colonial Williamsburg? Its a very fascinating place if you are interested in Colonial history. Lots of firearms on display and they actually made a cannon in their blacksmith shop.

As for myself, my grandfather on my mother's side was Samurai although in pre WW2 Japan it was more like royalty than actual military prowess. Wouldn't get in the way of that arrow though...

Campbell clan....from campbells point sackets harbor NY. Decended from Malcolm II King of Scotland....last name is mcwayne im the great grandzon of cyrus and minerva mcwayne....

Did you know that a lot of MacGregors changed their last name to Campbell after the clan name was banned? The Campbells were the main enemy clan fighting us and working behind the scenes to get us dispossessed..

My last name is a full MacGregor name. Rob Roy won over 60 personal duels (plus war work), most within seconds. I have to say that although this was a great scene I think I could (these days with my MAs skills) have killed the little bad guy on the first pass but you can't prove that without the actual combat

True, but a video of your skills in action would give us a better idea of your fighting prowess.

True, but a video of your skills in action would give us a better idea of your fighting prowess.

I teach JKD yet have no need to show off, just posting interesting family history and making a tactical comment about using The Way of the Intercepting Hand and Foot in such a fight

Blitz, my wife is a bloody Campbell, I watch what I eat and how deeply I sleep! My side of the family came from Scotland around 1650, eventually moving slightly west into the Appalachians and becoming more Indian than anything else .
As a side note, I studied Taekwondo, Hapkido and Judo under Master Tae-hong Choi for a very long time when I wore a younger mans clothes. His death in 2009 was a sad day. After his retirement, I found his egotistical son a little hard to tolerate. He truly wasn't of his fathers caliber.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top