JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/01/vandalism_does_more_than_50000.html

Between Saturday afternoon and noon on Sunday, someone drove down a blocked maintenance road and fired gunshots at the 120-year-old lighthouse, about 10 miles southwest of Tillamook.

The shots broke 15 windows and damaged the historic French lens that's inside the lantern house on top of the lighthouse. A grassy area off the maintenance road was damaged by the vehicle, which left deep, muddy ruts. A Coast Guard beacon nearby was damaged, as well.

I hope they catch the slimeballs and throw the book at them.

Also, I wonder what kind of rifle they used :D

WTF.......................................Why can't they go home and shoot up there own house....efin idiots. Maybe some Libtards payed this morron to do this so they have something to point at us about.

The Oregonian said that damages exceeded $50,000. Fifty thousand dollars damages... probably caused by bored kids with guns, or thoughtless (or drunk) punks. I hope that somebody saw something, or heard something, so these guys get caught and get the book thrown at them. It's unfortunate, but true, that this kind of behavior gives all shooters a black eye.

This makes me angry beyond belief. Several years back we decided we would visit every light house on the Oregon coast. This was probably the coolest of all of them. A true work or functional art.

I hope they find these hillbillies and they fall up a flight of stairs at the police station. :angry:

i have just received an instant message on my cp through ([email protected]) the reward has grown to 5000.00, and they expect it to get bigger-this may help-sure hope so-i find in life most people that do this sort of thing, also hang with people that will turn them in for the right price-:s0155:
steven

Got the full tour of that lighthouse this summer. The glass work was amazing and is "irreplaceable" by standards of the time. The money they generated on the tours was used to keep it running. Very few taxpayer funds used to support lighthouses. I used to be kinda wild when I was a wee las but typically just spent all my time damaging my own liver and brain. Never understood being bored enough to make something like this happen.

Saw this on the news last night and it is sad. WTF do people think these days. Lets take a landmark and destroy it. Sad part is they are not sure if they will be able to replace the lenses that were broken. Best part I saw there is a 5K reward for info:s0155:

The Fresnel lenses are made in France in the 1880's time period and they don't make them like that anymore. They might be able to replace the lenses, but will not be the same and it's gonna cost a lot of $$$$.

This is unconscionable. To what depths do a few sink to for a few minutes of drunken (and/or drugged) thrills. I know some big, burly bikers, who also happen to be intellectual Oregon History buffs, who would like to meet these people.

This makes me sad and angry. That lens is never going to be the same even if they replace it with new technology. A piece of art and history lost forever.

I agree. How stupid can some be to shoot up a Light House. I hope they find the loosers and but them in front of a BB gun firing squad with 10,000 round BB clips (if there were such a thing).:D. Come to think of it I still have my Daisy somewhere.

ARG! This sort of thing ticks me off. I don't care if they used an AR or a sling shot, this sort of nitwit behavior needs to be punished publicly.

+1

That stuff really pisses me off. Sad truth is... no witnesses, probably never going to find out who did it.

that is very unfortunate and disappointing but i dont see how it makes us look bad unless your hoodlum/criminal too..if your a law abiding citizen then it should have nothing to do with you at all... i mean when i see murders on the news i dont think to myself man this really makes me look bad...lol i think that we definitely need to have more stricken laws tho that way i dont have to start punishing these menaces myself...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top