Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

This REALLY makes us look bad!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by ZachS, Jan 12, 2010.

1. ZachS

ZachS Eugene/PDX Active Member

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/01/vandalism_does_more_than_50000.html

I hope they catch the slimeballs and throw the book at them.

Also, I wonder what kind of rifle they used :D

2. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

ARG! This sort of thing ticks me off. I don't care if they used an AR or a sling shot, this sort of nitwit behavior needs to be punished publicly.

3. Yankeefan

Yankeefan Southern Oregon Member

I agree this stuff makes all of us look bad!! I hope they find these idiots.

4. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

WTF.......................................Why can't they go home and shoot up there own house....efin idiots. Maybe some Libtards payed this morron to do this so they have something to point at us about.

5. ricsha

ricsha Oregon Coast - Lincoln City Member

The Oregonian said that damages exceeded $50,000. Fifty thousand dollars damages... probably caused by bored kids with guns, or thoughtless (or drunk) punks. I hope that somebody saw something, or heard something, so these guys get caught and get the book thrown at them. It's unfortunate, but true, that this kind of behavior gives all shooters a black eye.

6. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

This makes me angry beyond belief. Several years back we decided we would visit every light house on the Oregon coast. This was probably the coolest of all of them. A true work or functional art.

I hope they find these hillbillies and they fall up a flight of stairs at the police station. :angry:

7. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

i have just received an instant message on my cp through (info@flashalert.net) the reward has grown to 5000.00, and they expect it to get bigger-this may help-sure hope so-i find in life most people that do this sort of thing, also hang with people that will turn them in for the right price-:thumbup:
    steven

8. John Gault

John Gault clackamas county Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Got the full tour of that lighthouse this summer. The glass work was amazing and is "irreplaceable" by standards of the time. The money they generated on the tours was used to keep it running. Very few taxpayer funds used to support lighthouses. I used to be kinda wild when I was a wee las but typically just spent all my time damaging my own liver and brain. Never understood being bored enough to make something like this happen.

9. pdx lefty

pdx lefty portland Active Member

I agree, these retards should be arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law! But if there was a serious ***-kicking on the way to jail:thumbup:

10. spectra

spectra The Couve Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

Saw this on the news last night and it is sad. WTF do people think these days. Lets take a landmark and destroy it. Sad part is they are not sure if they will be able to replace the lenses that were broken. Best part I saw there is a 5K reward for info:thumbup:

11. Bello425

Bello425 Vancouver Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

The Fresnel lenses are made in France in the 1880's time period and they don't make them like that anymore. They might be able to replace the lenses, but will not be the same and it's gonna cost a lot of $$$$.

12. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

This is unconscionable. To what depths do a few sink to for a few minutes of drunken (and/or drugged) thrills. I know some big, burly bikers, who also happen to be intellectual Oregon History buffs, who would like to meet these people.

13. ORBrit

ORBrit Eugene Member

This makes me sad and angry. That lens is never going to be the same even if they replace it with new technology. A piece of art and history lost forever.

14. TOVO

TOVO SW WA. Active Member

I agree. How stupid can some be to shoot up a Light House. I hope they find the loosers and but them in front of a BB gun firing squad with 10,000 round BB clips (if there were such a thing).:D. Come to think of it I still have my Daisy somewhere.

15. zul

zul PDX Member

+1

That stuff really pisses me off. Sad truth is... no witnesses, probably never going to find out who did it.

16. neverenough

neverenough seattle. wa New Member

that is very unfortunate and disappointing but i dont see how it makes us look bad unless your hoodlum/criminal too..if your a law abiding citizen then it should have nothing to do with you at all... i mean when i see murders on the news i dont think to myself man this really makes me look bad...lol i think that we definitely need to have more stricken laws tho that way i dont have to start punishing these menaces myself...