JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What confuses me is how does something become common use when it's currently not allowed to be owned to begin with?

Like, what if enough people wanted something and it would become common use if they were sold but.... They are never allowed to be sold to begin with.

Or what if a new law was created to ban all "new" guns which haven't had the time to become common use yet.

And what is common, because it sounds like that's only what 4% for sporting rifles, is common 20%? 2%? 90%?

If there is anything that we've learned from history here it's that if you don't specifically define stuff, people will interpret it in bad ways to try and oppress their neighbors.

We are in this race because the people who want to take guns are always looking for the next compromise gun owners will go for. When they get anther they move on to the next.
I'm still waiting for an actual compromise. They have a hard time with definitions. Compromise. Quid pro quo. Constitution. Freedom...

Yeah, unless you join a rebel militia the whole idea of. "From my dead fold fingers" is a fallacy and easily done.

Yeah, unless you join a rebel militia the whole idea of. "From my dead fold fingers" is a fallacy and easily done.
The FMCDH's do provide a useful service, though... while it's generally better to be a gray man, because they're going to be the ones moved against first we should pay attention to them as tripwires and appreciate the warning we can derive from it if Game Day comes to them.

The FMCDH's do provide a useful service, though... while it's generally better to be a gray man, because they're going to be the ones moved against first we should pay attention to them as tripwires and appreciate the warning we can derive from it if Game Day comes to them.

And thats all they will be used for....

Sad but true. If it comes to it you either join a militia or surrender. There is no point in comitting suicide.

The only reason that politicians want to eliminate firearms, is to make it easier to eliminate you.

Somewhere, boxcars are waiting.

And thats all they will be used for....

Sad but true. If it comes to it you either join a militia or surrender. There is no point in comitting suicide.
True, but somebody has to play the Crispus Attucks role... I'll fight if I must, but I ain't volunteering again to die first, got my fill of that crap in my Executive Protection days.

True, but somebody has to play the Crispus Attucks role... I'll fight if I must, but I ain't volunteering again to die first, got my fill of that crap in my Executive Protection days.
Its true that if enougb people are gunned down for simply standing up to a formerly leag right, ....it aint gonna look good for the gun controllers.

Im probably similar to you, im too independant to pick a suicide role. Lets just say if they knocked on my door they wont find me home....

I'm gonna throw out this chatlog from this morning between me and my co-admin on a politics server for folks to think on as they will, sparked by a post over at M4C by an Israeli veteran.

[9:02 AM] Diamondback [BOFH]: interesting take on Virginia from a friend who's former IDF:
"Virginia is the path for the democratic party to win the Presidential election.
The dems in Virginia if they were smart would pass full on confiscation, in the hope of an uprising.
The people resist.
The governor of VA, then appeals to the President for federal assistance. President is now in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.
If The President sends in the Feds, he will be losing enough of his voters to lose the election.
If he doesn't send in the Feds, he will lose voters appalled at the violent images on the TV. "
[9:36 AM] Treksdot: Or Trump could send in the Feds to arrest state officials for violating the Constitution.
[9:38 AM] Diamondback [BOFH]: true, that would also be an option... though you can also see the narrative that'd be built in response: "rogue president, NEW ARTICLES OF IMPEACHMENT!"
[9:39 AM] Treksdot: 'How dare this President obey the Constitution's Take Care clause!'
[9:40 AM] Treksdot: And there we have it, the election is now about are we a nation of laws or one of feelings.
[9:42 AM] Diamondback [BOFH]: doesn't change the fact that Dems are desperate to force a fight, and they think starting the shooting will make Trump look really bad to Suzy Soccermommy Spoonfed by TV News

If it ever comes to them going door to door they will have to pry mine from my cold dead fingers.

They have:

1) the element of surprise
2) overwhelming force

Just because you lose some battles doesn't mean you have lost the war.

In essence you are offering them the easier path by sacrificing yourself when they have the advantage. Instead wouldn't it be better to bide your time, build an advantage in your favor or be a general pain in the bubblegum to them down the road?

Or do your really really want to get to Gallipoli Sir Monash...

They have:

1) the element of surprise
2) overwhelming force

Just because you lose some battles doesn't mean you have lost the war.

In essence you are offering them the easier path by sacrificing yourself when they have the advantage. Instead wouldn't it be better to bide your time, build an advantage in your favor or be a general pain in the bubblegum to them down the road?

Or do your really really want to get to Gallipoli Sir Monash...
Precisely. In this case the model to look to is not Washington at Valley Forge, but the "hit and run" tactics of "Swamp Fox" Francis Marion. Harassment, skirmishing, "he who fights then runs away" stuff. All last stands like the Alamo accomplish is martyrs and attention for a cause, and sometimes not even that. Stop thinking like Rambo, and start thinking like a French, Dutch or Czechoslovakian Resistance partisan from WWII.

What confuses me is how does something become common use when it's currently not allowed to be owned to begin with?
Question: where does it say determination of common use is limited to the extent of civilian usage?
If there is anything that we've learned from history here it's that if you don't specifically define stuff, people will interpret it in bad ways to try and oppress their neighbors.
Right, semiautomatic rifles are commonly owned, but are they commonly used? :rolleyes:

(starts at 4:00)

Bear in mind that the doublespeak of Miller in '34 meant "common military use," which the USG lied before SCOTUS about since MG's and short riot shotguns were "common use" as military issue. No, Elmer Fudd, by that standard a full-auto M4 is protected but YOUR "MUH BAMBI BLASTUHRZ!" are NOT. Suck on that...

Question: where does it say determination of common use is limited to the extent of civilian usage?
Right, semiautomatic rifles are commonly owned, but are they commonly used? :rolleyes:

(starts at 4:00)
Easy. Are police officers civilians or military?

The answer is.. civilian

Since the majority of police departments uses semi-automatic weaponry it then follows that yes they are in common use.

Bear in mind that the doublespeak of Miller in '34 meant "common military use," which the USG lied before SCOTUS about since MG's and short riot shotguns were "common use" as military issue. No, Elmer Fudd, by that standard a full-auto M4 is protected but YOUR "MUH BAMBI BLASTUHRZ!" are NOT. Suck on that...
Yup. Also by that logic, semi auto rifles are also protected because Garand and M1 Carbine ;)
Edit. Levers weren't exactly widespread in military usage, @AndyinEverson may be able to confirm? Bolt actions are also protected because again, Springfield 1903s and Mauser 98Ks...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top