This pisses me off! People actually do this!

Sixsa

Reactions
Reactions
Feds are collecting "unwanted ammo" from people and YOU are paying up for 5 dollars a pound to drop it off! What a deal!

This actually makes me mad. This 100% takes advantage of people who probably inherited ammo from someone else or otherwise doesn't know what they have, let alone the ammo situation nationwide. Why can't I pull up and take it? There's so many good places that ammo could be going other than the "incinerator".
I think it is actually not a bad idea.

I hate to see it burned, but what would you suggest doing with it if you are not an experienced shooter and ammo reloader. This does not preclude any individual from stepping up and saying: "I will take it". Then what? I would not shoot it if I did not know the origin or what its storage conditions have been. If a reloader you could pull and reclaim the brass - and guess if it has been reloaded and how often. So start posting or advertising: "Get rid of ammo that is old or unknown - I'll take it, no charge."

aegiswa

Reactions
I don't believe they are paying out for it, but rather you are paying them to take it off your hands a disposal fee..
"Disposing of the first five pounds of ammunition is free and $5 per pound after that."

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Adaptive Firing Solutions. A+
    5 stars does not do Adaptive Firing Solutions justice. I have done business with him multiple times and wish I could give at least 12 stars...
  • Limitless America
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome shop
    Love this shop. Purchased a few items from them. Always have a lot of parts in stock without much markup. Purchased two cans this summer from them...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great, old school gun shop
    The store is a treasure trove I have found magazines for H&K, Ruger and M1A's and at great prices. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and...
    • GWS
  • HighLine Firearms
    4.00 star(s)
    great place
    nice guy, local
  • Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
Top Bottom