Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

This one will make you scratch your head.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Oregonhunter5, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5 2C IDAHO Well-Known Member

2. Oregonhunter5

Why would you move this to off topic? It's a legal story.

3. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Hmm.. While I really dislike banks, the idea of loans and credit..etc

I gotta say, if you owe money you owe money. They badger to get their money.
    If you cannot afford the current place you're in you really need to take a look at your finances. As excessive as it is, they still knew why it was happening.. Had they owed money to a vicious loan shark they'd just have busted knee caps instead of phone calls.. Whats worse, really?

4. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

Firearm based legal, of which this isn't.

Dang, that's some serious harassment.

5. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Everyone gets behind sometimes for some reason...

I say good for them and haha to the bank for not giving them the time of day to even appear in court after all the harassment.

6. Oregonhunter5

I was meaning, which ones the husband, and which the wife?

Redcap, Quacky88 and clearconscience like this.
  7. BoonDocks36

BoonDocks36 Oregon, in the boondocks Christian. Conservative. Male.

No one commented on ~The Obvious~ Unsaid part????

The Newspaper had No Need to mention former charges of the man, so Who Prompted that Part... The Church Lady Answer would be

The Bank!!!

Rip it to the consumer... The Bank Fails to listen, even to someone "In the Business" no time of day for that... The Bank does not even Respond??? And then says, "Oh Judge, show mercy"????

As a legal fee, it is a tax right off to Bank, but they just want to be RIGHT.

Notice: I prefer the use of the word, "Correct" to ~Right~ for many reasons, here, it is because "Right" is ~WRONG~

philip

8. albin25

albin25 Lewiston Idaho Well-Known Member

I guess I'm going to be the contrarian here (even though I have NO love of bankers)

I just can't get all happy and excited for a convicted drug running pilot that can't or more likely won't, make his house payments, getting a million $ windfall.
    I'll bet if his "cartel pals" were holding his mortgage and he decided to not pay them, he would have got more than just too many phone calls. Keep in mind that this started when the Floriduh housing market was imploding (2009) and lenders were being buried under thousands of defaults a day.

One thing is for certain...I'll bet their lawyer takes his 40% first, before he sends anything to them.

ZA_Survivalist likes this.
  9. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Yeah I failed to understand how going after people who owe you money is a bad thing?
    I mean the bank wasn't trying to sell them something they owed them money!
    They won $1mil for nothing, i'm surprised they aren't of another nationality, winning like that.

I'm sure every dead beat with an outstanding loan is going to start taking this approach

10. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Well, now they have the money to pay on their mortgage.

BoonDocks36 likes this.
  11. Truenorth

Truenorth Pacific Northwet Active Member

You mean after they buy a Hummer style golf cart, king size tanning bed, convertible LaBaron GT and 60 foot pontoon boat?

Oh, Florida.

Quacky88 likes this.
  12. pdrake

pdrake WA Active Member

You guys missed the point. B of A failed to show in court, and received a default judgement. That is truly stupid. They aren't going to make friends with the judge when they do this. (Watch this case; it will go to appeal, and the judgement will be reduced or overturned.)

I agree with the comment about the runner's past; I don't see the connection to the story (except to belittle the plaintiff).

BoonDocks36 likes this.