JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here is what your Columbia River endorsement pays for on your fishing licenses, more failed management at the Federal level by the National Marine Fisheries. Poor fishery management has lead to an overpopulation of sea lions all over the Northwest and these who will hog line up on the Kalama and other rivers and decimate the native and hatchery runs of steelhead and spring chinook.

All the work to bring these runs back at the state level, and putting it on the backs and wallets of the sport fisherman and these fish cannot even make it to the river for state management and fisherman. to harvest

Got to get the grand kids out fishing before all the runs of salmonoids and sturgen are gone from these unmanaged predators.

<broken link removed>

b14a6709-0690-4995-bded-10e5f1b18fbd-large16x9_0225sealions2.png

DFW (Oregon/Washington) do an amazing job managing wildlife. They just manage it well for other wildlife and not those paying their salaries

The problem is the "Marine Mammal Protection Act". Their hands are tied by that, and they seem to have much more important things to be doing rather than addressing the pinneped problem. Couple that with the PETA freaks that come out of the woodwork for anything that may harm one of the beasts. I believe they're still trapping at Bonneville Dam, drop in the bucket though.

I think it's amazing that the public can look on and be entertained by the whole mess while the beasts are destroying public infrastructure worth hundreds of thousands of dollars, all up and down the West coast!

Just wait, when one, or three, fishermen gut pulled under and drown they'll do something! Probably close the river to fishing!

The problem is the "Marine Mammal Protection Act". Their hands are tied by that, and they seem to have much more important things to be doing rather than addressing the pinneped problem. Couple that with the PETA freaks that come out of the woodwork for anything that may harm one of the beasts. I believe they're still trapping at Bonneville Dam, drop in the bucket though.

I think it's amazing that the public can look on and be entertained by the whole mess while the beasts are destroying public infrastructure worth hundreds of thousands of dollars, all up and down the West coast!

Just wait, when one, or three, fishermen gut pulled under and drown they'll do something! Probably close the river to fishing!

Now you see what it takes to make changes to GOV policy (the liberal way). The only question is can we fisherman fuel the same emotions to get more fish in the rivers? We need to become a-holes to get-r-done just like them.... but we are too nice.... like gun owners just want to be left alone.....

Last Edited:
1307214678399.jpg 1309056030759.jpg I lived right at the Ballard locks about 2011 in a condo right above the locks. One night I think it was fall time the tribes set gill nets above the locks and blocked all boat traffic. Cops and coast guard came down, nets were ran over by a number of boats. Nets were placed right in front of exit of fish ladder. I saw hundreds of fish landed. Fishing was very good by Golden Gardens in my boat.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top