JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I thought they did that already. Well not well enough, apparently.

UK gun crime rises 27% this year

Firearms amnesty as UK gun crime rises 27% this year

Meanwhile, In the Gun-Free Utopia Known as the UK... [Video] - Victory Girls Blog

In addition to skyrocketing rates of crime committed with firearms, knife crime is also on the rise, jumping to its highest level in seven years to 34,703, and homicide rates writ large increased between March 2016 and March of this year by 26 percent, according to the Office for National Statistics.

Because, you know… criminals who are willing to rob, rape, and murder will immediately turn in their firearms, because they're… uh… illegal.

/sarcasm

Wow that's an ugly rise...but to be FAIR
THIS ARTICLE IS ABOUT UNREGISTERED FIREARMS CORRECT.
TAC WILL HAVE TO CONFIRM FOR US BUT THIS IS NOT ABOUT LEGAL REGISTERED FIREARMS IN UK ?

BB GUNS ....COME ON
USE YOUR COUNTRY EYE IN SKY AND PICK THEM UP.. I AM SURPRISED CITIZENS ARE NOT ISSUED MANDATORY BODY CAMS:s0161::s0161::s0161::s0062::s0062:

The hand-in concerns ILLEGALLY-held firearms and other items that might be construed in law as being used in the commission of crime, like for instance, a garden fork or bucket.

Only kidding about the bucket.

One deputy police chief actually had the courage to say on TV this morning that she realised that the determined criminal would not be handing over his MAC10, Skorpion, Uzi or whatever any time soon, but that it might result in a number of items that could be used criminally might be handed in. Mrs tac notes that there was never any mention of handing in LEGALLY-held firearms, of which there are a lot more than you think, given the Great British public's meh attitude to guns and those who use them for leisure-time pursuits.

Please note that there have been TWO compulsory hand-ins in recent years -

1988 - ALL centre-fire semi-auto rifles and carbines, and pump-action shotguns - all three categories of firearm used by one man to carry out the Hungerford Massacre. This applies to the entire UK, and is the reason behind the development of the straight-pull AR and other guns of that ilk.

1997/8 - ALL modern cartridge-firing handguns, after one or two [nobody will ever know] was/were used to slaughter sixteen 1st grade kids and their teacher in Dunblane. The Northern Ireland Legislative Assembly told the Westminster gubmint to go p**s up a rope, so any and all handguns are legal there. Certain categories of handgun CAN be possessed here on mainland GB, but they, and their ammunition, must be stored in one of six or seven locations where you can go visit them and even shoot them. No BP loose-loading handguns were banned.

In 1988 owners were offered £150 each for their guns - being the owner of an M1A, a HK PSG1 and a FAL/SLR, among others, I was less than impressed. ALL seven semi-autos went to mainland Europe in return for mucho dinero. In 1997/98 the gubmint coughed up for the posted retail price of the handgun you owned, all leatherwork, all cases, and all reloading gear. Three of my guns went into the National Collection at the MoD Pattern Room in return for a LOT of money. Seven of my handguns got deactivated so I could keep them. The other 107 went into the fire, apart from my three Glocks, that went directly to the local police HQ armoury. My two BP handguns I still have. [I have a great story about one guy and his Glock, and the handing in thereof. However, it is NSFW, or when you are holding any kind of beverage whilst reading. Lemme know if you are interested, 'kay?]

There were just 57,000 people in the 65 million population who had, between them, just over 103,000 handguns. The cost to the taxpayer of recompense amounted to about £150 Million.

Today, you can find a nice big old Webley service revolver 'on the street' for about £150. It's illegal, mind...

tac

Thanks tac....your the best
Wow wee...networking at its finest. Min to min coverage damn near
Anytime you have questions for us tac .......anytime
Ha ha ha you charismatic personality is elegantly placed on our plates...free of charge...no offense taken or given
I ENJOY EVERY POST

Last Edited:
The hand-in concerns ILLEGALLY-held firearms and other items that might be construed in law as being used in the commission of crime, like for instance, a garden fork or bucket.

Only kidding about the bucket.

One deputy police chief actually had the courage to say on TV this morning that she realised that the determined criminal would not be handing over his MAC10, Skorpion, Uzi or whatever any time soon, but that it might result in a number of items that could be used criminally might be handed in. Mrs tac notes that there was never any mention of handing in LEGALLY-held firearms, of which there are a lot more than you think, given the Great British public's meh attitude to guns and those who use them for leisure-time pursuits.

Please note that there have been TWO compulsory hand-ins in recent years -

1988 - ALL centre-fire semi-auto rifles and carbines, and pump-action shotguns - all three categories of firearm used by one man to carry out the Hungerford Massacre. This applies to the entire UK, and is the reason behind the development of the straight-pull AR and other guns of that ilk.

1997/8 - ALL modern cartridge-firing handguns, after one or two [nobody will ever know] was/were used to slaughter sixteen 1st grade kids and their teacher in Dunblane. The Northern Ireland Legislative Assembly told the Westminster gubmint to go p**s up a rope, so any and all handguns are legal there. Certain categories of handgun CAN be possessed here on mainland GB, but they, and their ammunition, must be stored in one of six or seven locations where you can go visit them and even shoot them. No BP loose-loading handguns were banned.

In 1988 owners were offered £150 each for their guns - being the owner of an M1A, a HK PSG1 and a FAL/SLR, among others, I was less than impressed. ALL seven semi-autos went to mainland Europe in return for mucho dinero. In 1997/98 the gubmint coughed up for the posted retail price of the handgun you owned, all leatherwork, all cases, and all reloading gear. Three of my guns went into the National Collection at the MoD Pattern Room in return for a LOT of money. Seven of my handguns got deactivated so I could keep them. The other 107 went into the fire, apart from my three Glocks, that went directly to the local police HQ armoury. My two BP handguns I still have. [I have a great story about one guy and his Glock, and the handing in thereof. However, it is NSFW, or when you are holding any kind of beverage whilst reading. Lemme know if you are interested, 'kay?]

There were just 57,000 people in the 65 million population who had, between them, just over 103,000 handguns. The cost to the taxpayer of recompense amounted to about £150 Million.

Today, you can find a nice big old Webley service revolver 'on the street' for about £150. It's illegal, mind...

tac

I'd like to hear that Glock story, sounds like a good one.

[I have a great story about one guy and his Glock, and the handing in thereof. However, it is NSFW, or when you are holding any kind of beverage whilst reading. Lemme know if you are interested, 'kay?]

Oh, we are interested. Even if it has to be shared in double secret.

Please note - again - that we are taking about the CRIMINAL use of firearms, and that this year FIVE people have died as a result of the criminal use of firearms.

Five.

Please note, for the record, that the 'Gun Control Network' organisation consists of Mr and Mrs Robert Marshall-Andrews and maybe one other.

They write of their 'achievements' - 'We are proud of these achievements but we are not complacent. The shooting lobby is rich and powerful and determined to see the handgun ban reversed. They will always oppose further restrictions on guns and will fight to get their handguns back. They exert perpetual pressure to increase gun ownership and are particularly concerned to ensure that the next generation of shooters is on stream.'

No ***t. As HM the Queen is the principal patron of the NRA, and Prince Philip of the sister organisation, the NSRA, I think that's a fair comment. But there is NO lobby of any kind. No pressure groups. Nobody firing up questions to embarrass the gun-haters...it's all in the minds of the GCN.

tac

Go on... we're listening :)

I'll just say that you don't really have to hit on women there, they will eye bubblegum you just walking down the street and then hit on you as you pass by. I had a girl hit on me on the train...in front of my girlfriend! She invited me out to coffee without my girlfriend, right in front of her!!! Trust me, I got around here when I was single, even with the Seattle freeze, but in London I could get laid 3 times a day without much effort. Google it, I did after my trip (I toured the UK and Europe) and found out from other forums that London is apparently the easiest place on Earth to bang hot chics. I'd actually consider going gun/knife less to go live there for a few years...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top