JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Unless you live in Oregon, then needs shipped to FFL just like any other firearm purchase. Thank you uninformed voters!
I noticed that, there was another state listed as well that had to go through an ffl, bit o don't rember which one.

It even said CA C&R (Curios and Relics) license holders could get ot shipped to their home.

Id never heard of CMP, just googled it and was reading through ordering process and requiments to purchase.

And it seems like a much more involved process then a typical online firearms purchase.
It's actually easier in some ways than it was at a point in the past.
The requirement to have your paperwork notarized has been dropped.
The requirement to have a membership in a qualifying gun club to show firearm proficiency has been dropped. A CHL covers that now. And joining the Garand collector's Club. you get a nice magazine, 4 times a year I think?
But you get a real military gun and they ship it directly to your house. Pretty cool getting a gun in the mail.

I don't think they ship to your door anymore unless you've got the C&R 03 is it?
Unless you live in Oregon, then needs shipped to FFL just like any other firearm purchase. Thank you uninformed voters!
They stopped shipping to the door before the Oregon law went into affect I believe.

My wallet is really going to be hating me.
Nah, the moths you have been releasing are thanking you -- it had been getting crowded in there.
I think it only applies to firearms they take in from private parties. I am pretty sure it's 30 days but I haven't located the text of the ordinance.
While @gmerkt 's explanation, that it gives the police time to check if the firearm is stolen, seems more to me like Karen and Ken Dogooders' attempt at "closing the gun show loophole".

They had a nice little .380 and I made the mistake of asking to "see it".
Two guns came home with me in the past month that very way.

4,090 in line 😬, earlier this year when I got my AK my background check took a little over 4 weeks, I've never had one take so long, not sure what number back in the que I was, but prior to that one id only ever had 1 background check that wasn't cleared while I was still in the store and that one was the next day.
All of my 4473 checks have been instant. Even as recently as last week

All of my 4473 checks have been instant. Even as recently as last week.....
Because you have a concealed carry permit.....?

that's what it is here in OR., potland area.

At the the OAC show here Sunday. One of the gentlemen sellers was explaining to a gentleman that the wait for a BGC was going to take around three weeks. Having the CHL myself, a BGC I did on the 8th took about as long to clear as it did to fill out the paperwork and get prints.

At the the OAC show here Sunday. One of the gentlemen sellers was explaining to a gentleman that the wait for a BGC was going to take around three weeks. Having the CHL myself, a BGC I did on the 8th took about as long to clear as it did to fill out the paperwork and get prints.
In Washington a concealed permit doesn't matter. The only guns that the dealer submits a NICS on is levers, bolts and Shotguns.

Handguns and semi auto rifles go to local law enforcement and take 3-10 for handguns 10 for rifles

Sounds like he is confusing the checks. The one we do for the Fed's is still often easy. Its the hassle if you are buying a Semi or handgun here. That is where the State takes over and its all slows down:mad:

Here is a few pics of the second pt92af I am buying from TP4M. Filled out the form 4473 today.
The queue is over 4000 again.

This one has a little more wear on the barrel but comes with a tupperware case and three mags. The three mags have dark colored followers and two of the three mags have metal base plates. Besides the rubber grips this pistol appears identical to the the other pistol.

20211027_102159.jpg

20211027_102152.jpg 20211027_102215.jpg

Here is a few pics of the second pt92af I am buying from TP4M. Filled out the form 4473 today.
The queue is over 4000 again.

This one has a little more wear on the barrel but comes with a tupperware case and three mags. The three mags have dark colored followers and two of the three mags have metal base plates. Besides the rubber grips this pistol appears identical to the the other pistol.

View attachment 1058740

View attachment 1058742 View attachment 1058741
I have ZERO use for one of these and even I seeing that pistol, at that price? I would be filling out paper telling myself "DGAF if I need this, I am taking this home" . Nice find brother.

Sounds like he is confusing the checks. The one we do for the Fed's is still often easy. Its the hassle if you are buying a Semi or handgun here. That is where the State takes over and its all slows down:mad:
Are you in Washington? I asked my ffl today of different checks were ran by different agencies, he told me, here in Oregon their all done by the state police who run it through the NICS system. And that's why it'll be a month before I get my shotgun.

Also just found out that having a CCL puts you to the front of the QUE.

I just scheduled my CCL appointment, earlier this week but its not till may.

🤨 hate all this red tape BS, I have plenty of other guns, so its not like I'm completely without...... but what of I was a woman getting out of an abusive relationship, and was scared of being injured or killed?

I guess in that scenario they can bury domestic violence victims with their gun that they recieved a month and a half after they were beat to death. 🤬🤬

But hey at least Kate Doo-Doo brown is solving gun violence ☹😤

Are you in Washington? I asked my ffl today of different checks were ran by different agencies, he told me, here in Oregon their all done by the state police who run it through the NICS system. And that's why it'll be a month before I get my shotgun.

🤨 hate all this red tape BS, I have plenty of other guns, so its not like I'm completely without...... but what of I was a woman getting out of an abusive relationship, and was scared of being injured or killed?

I guess in that scenario they can bury domestic violence victims with their gun that they recieved a month and a half after they were beat to death. 🤬🤬

Just how many people have premeditatedly shot someone within hours of buying a gun? Has this ever been a problem in the U.S.?

May??? Thats the soonest they can work you in? Man, I feel bad for you in that county. We recently moved to Linn county (2 years now), and when I called to schedule an appt to switch my CCL they said no appts were needed, only walk ins. Anyways, good luck!

Just how many people have premeditatedly shot someone within hours of buying a gun? Has this ever been a problem in the U.S.?
Not that I'm aware of. But it clearly must be a problem because the government knows best right?

I mean look at all the sheep with their face diapers, and mystery injections (now available for your children), these idiots buy whatever their sold/force fed.

May??? Thats the soonest they can work you in? Man, I feel bad for you in that county. We recently moved to Linn county (2 years now), and when I called to schedule an appt to switch my CCL they said no appts were needed, only walk ins. Anyways, good luck!
Yeah, I'm doing my class in November, but the Lane County sheriffs office is where I have to do prints, application, background check, and they are booked out.

They sent me an email that said to check the schedule as sometimes people cancel, and the new appointments will be listed on a first come first served basis, so maybe I'll get something sooner.

Its odd that there's no way to have the state agencies pick up some of that slack, I mean all these application fees, could be put towards paying out frivolous law suits. You know like when violent felons get paid for getting boo-boos because they were being violent and combative with those we assign to keep the peace and maintain public safety.

Or it could be used to give dems big bonuses for being terrible at their job, all while defining our constitution and stripping us of our rights.

But honestly it does seem like you should be able to go to a neighboring County when its that far backed up.

The OSP is the traffic jam there. NICS itself runs VERY quickly. I bought a pistol yesterday. Here in Texas, the FFL's use the FBI NICS portal, no intermediary agency acting as a go-between. I don't have a Texas license to carry yet - with permitless carry a thing, I'm draggin feet. I had almost instant approval. NICS itself isn't suffering from a backlog like OSP wants you to believe - OSP is creating the backlog.

The OSP is the traffic jam there. NICS itself runs VERY quickly. I bought a pistol yesterday. Here in Texas, the FFL's use the FBI NICS portal, no intermediary agency acting as a go-between. I don't have a Texas license to carry yet - with permitless carry a thing, I'm draggin feet. I had almost instant approval. NICS itself isn't suffering from a backlog like OSP wants you to believe - OSP is creating the backlog.
With constitutional carry in Texas, what would be the point of getting a CCL?

I guess if its like Utah it may let you travel with a concealed piece in other states that recognize your permit, that and speed up ( or like some states like Tennessee) you don't need to do a background check for new firearms purchases if your ccl is still valid.

If Oregon ever got its head out of its azz and allowed constitutional carry i wouldn't waste the time or money getting a license.

With constitutional carry in Texas, what would be the point of getting a CCL?

I guess if its like Utah it may let you travel with a concealed piece in other states that recognize your permit, that and speed up ( or like some states like Tennessee) you don't need to do a background check for new firearms purchases if your ccl is still valid.

If Oregon ever got its head out of its azz and allowed constitutional carry i wouldn't waste the time or money getting a license.
Its not full constitutional carry here, unfortunately. At least not yet. There's talk in the next general legislative session to try to "fix" some of the issues.

There are places you cannot carry here without a permit. Oregon *used* to be better than Texas in some ways - here, businesses that post the proper signage can legally exclude you from carry. Not like Oregon where you could ignore any such signs, and only would you be committing a criminal act if you were told to leave and didn't. Its a crime here to walk past such signage - funnily enough covered by penal codes 30.05 (permitless) 30.06 (concealed with permit) and 30.07 (open carry with permit) BuuuuuuuuT to completely exclude carry - a business MUST post all three signs. If they only post 30.06 - you can go permitless or carry open. If they post 30.05 - they only prohibit permitless carriers, those with a permit are still good to go. If only 30.07 is posted, no open carry allowed under permit, but you can technically still go permitless because no 30.05 sign.

There are other places explicitly called out in the text of the law that permit holders can carry that permitless cannot. NO campus carry without a permit, for example.

The biggest benefit for most though - if you have your "License to Carry" or LTC as they call it here, there is no NICS checks done - your LTC *is* your check. So as long as your LTC is valid, just fill out the 4473, give them the money, and you walk out the door with your new toy.

Getting permitless carry passed in Texas was a pretty monumental feat. As red as people think Texas is - and it IS very conservative compared to most places - historically Texas was democrat controlled and until the late 1990s they didn't have *any* mechanism to legally carry a handgun here, open or concealed. There've been multiple attempts to get permitless or full constitutional carry passed in the past that were quashed by the republican controlled legislature.

Since Greg Abbott stepped on his dick over COVID, and we're coming up on election season, he threw a bone to gun owners and came out publicly in support of permitless carry and urged it to be passed. He waited weeks to sign it after it was passed, which annoyed everyone, but if he just let it sit on his desk for 30 days, the law would still go into effect on the same date without his signature.

Texas has a weak governor by design - the Lieutenant Governor and the president of the state senate are the most powerful political positions in the state, per the authorities granted in the state constitution.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top