JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yup I know the feeling quite well, went into a gunshop to sell a pistol private party and walked out with a ruger p90 in amazing condition with everything that came with it from the factory in 1993.
Well played coat of arms, well played

My wallet is really going to be hating me. I was in TP4M again on Friday filling out a form 4473 for some 308 lowers that came in for transfer and one of the employees gave me a sneak peek at another Taurus 92AF they brought in. It appeared to be a little newer (rubber grips) but more used than the wood grip model I put the deposit on previously. They didn't have it priced yet but I told them I would be very interested if it was priced comparable to the one I have on deposit ($250). Got the call today that they would let me have it for the same price, so I said I'll take it. I could feel my wallet bouncing around in my pocket murmuring something but I couldn't make out what it said.

My new spending freeze might have to begin before Black Friday.

My wallet is really going to be hating me. I was in TP4M again on Friday filling out a form 4473 for some 308 lowers that came in for transfer and one of the employees gave me a sneak peek at another Taurus 92AF they brought in. It appeared to be a little newer (rubber grips) but more used than the wood grip model I put the deposit on previously. They didn't have it priced yet but I told them I would be very interested if it was priced comparable to the one I have on deposit ($250). Got the call today that they would let me have it for the same price, so I said I'll take it. I could feel my wallet bouncing around in my pocket murmuring something but I couldn't make out what it said.

My new spending freeze might have to begin before Black Friday.
Maybe make an offer for a package deal, gotta have one for each hand!

30 days? I thought the city ordnance was a week. A full month before they can release it is straight up retarded.
The second one I am buying doesn't have to be held for 30 days. It evidently didn't come in from a private party. I will be filling out the 4473 midweek and will snap some pics of the latest purchase.

The second one I am buying doesn't have to be held for 30 days. It evidently didn't come in from a private party. I will be filling out the 4473 midweek and will snap some pics of the latest purchase.
I remember the ordnance when it was first adopted way back when I lived in Tigard. Steve at the old Gun Broker by BiMart mentioned it once, because they had a gun on display he said "I can't sell to you today, but you can put on hold if you want" and explained the ordinance.

I remember the ordnance when it was first adopted way back when I lived in Tigard. Steve at the old Gun Broker by BiMart mentioned it once, because they had a gun on display he said "I can't sell to you today, but you can put on hold if you want" and explained the ordinance.
I think it only applies to firearms they take in from private parties. I am pretty sure it's 30 days but I haven't located the text of the ordinance.

I just saw this thread. Looks like you and I just barely missed each other. I was in there on the 7th to pick up my CMP Garand that had come in on 9/27 (5 month to the day from when the order was received) while we were on vaca. I saw that gun in the case. The wood grips drew me to it. But I'm under the impression buying a Tarus is asking for trouble. So it was a no-go. Even at that price. Looks like that was a mistake?

I just saw this thread. Looks like you and I just barely missed each other. I was in there on the 7th to pick up my CMP Garand that had come in on 9/27 (5 month to the day from when the order was received) while we were on vaca. I saw that gun in the case. The wood grips drew me to it. But I'm under the impression buying a Tarus is asking for trouble. So it was a no-go. Even at that price. Looks like that was a mistake?
5 months? 😬

Where did you order it from?

Was it a back order? Or an in stock item?

5 months? 😬

Where did you order it from?

Was it a back order? Or an in stock item?
CMP. That's what it was taking this year for a Service Grade. Sent paperwork 4/20, orders cut off 5/6, notified papers received at CMP on 4/26 on 8/20, gun delivered at FFL 9/27. They were overwhelmed with orders for the service grade. Orders for field grade were processed and delivered quicker.

CMP. That's what it was taking this year for a Service Grade. Sent paperwork 4/20, orders cut off 5/6, notified papers received at CMP on 4/26 on 8/20, gun delivered at FFL 9/27. They were overwhelmed with orders for the service grade. Orders for field grade were processed and delivered quicker.
Id never heard of CMP, just googled it and was reading through ordering process and requiments to purchase.

And it seems like a much more involved process then a typical online firearms purchase.

I will be buying both but there won't be any package deal.
Sounds like they already gave you a very nice deal there! Nice finds. Long ago one Saturday I came back from range. Went to clean and could not for the life of me find my bottle of Breakfree. So off to the store I go, first couple places I go do not have it so I drive to local gun seller who of course had it. Way out the door I made the mistake of looking at the gun cases. Should be illegal for them to be glass :s0140:
They had a nice little .380 and I made the mistake of asking to "see it". I told Wife when I got home that I had no memory of filling out the paper work and paying for it when I came in with it :s0140:

30 days? I thought the city ordnance was a week. A full month before they can release it is straight up retarded.
I used to live in a city that had that ordnance. 30 day wait before the dealer could sell anything they bought off the street. One time I went into this shop in town, they had a whole row of real nice 03 Springfields. I picked one out, a couple of weeks later a detective was at my door telling me I had to surrender it to him. Yep, it and all the other Springfields on that rack had been stolen. I did get my money back from the dealer, but reluctantly. His greed factor was just too great for him to wait the 30 days, he'd started selling them as soon as he'd bought them. He saw pure sugar plums when the crook brought those in, very tasty at the time but left a bitter taste at the end as he was out whatever he'd paid for them.

I don't know, but part of that law was likely a reporting requirement for the dealer to furnish information to the police when they made such a buy. Giving the cops 30 days to check them out.

Sounds like they already gave you a very nice deal there! Nice finds. Long ago one Saturday I came back from range. Went to clean and could not for the life of me find my bottle of Breakfree. So off to the store I go, first couple places I go do not have it so I drive to local gun seller who of course had it. Way out the door I made the mistake of looking at the gun cases. Should be illegal for them to be glass :s0140:
They had a nice little .380 and I made the mistake of asking to "see it". I told Wife when I got home that I had no memory of filling out the paper work and paying for it when I came in with it :s0140:
I went to a buddy's shop one day to ask him about trusts. Walked out with the paperwork and receipt for an SBR and a suppressor. And a trust of course. :D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top