JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not following police orders does not get you executed or murdered. Do you know what an execution or a murder is? This is an execution and a murder. Or visa versa... Just sayin'. Words mean things.

Behaving in a way that could be interpreted, in a split second of time under stress, as though you are going to draw a weapon and put officers' lives at risk may mean that the LEO needs to shoot to stop the threat.
This person committed no crime. If police think this is worthy of killing someone over, we need to recruit police that aren't so easily spooked, there is no other way to put it. Their job is dangerous, but not that dangerous . This is at best very immoral and at worst, murder, I'm leaning toward murder.

Tazer or pepper spray would have been better. But from the cop on the rights view looked like he was reaching for something. Kids a dip stick just follow orders when given. Cops shouldn't be punished for "murder" but some punishment needs to happen.
--- not everyone has a gun and not every guy to stoned to hold his hands up deserves to be shot.

miss the episode's of cops where if some one was reaching they'd tackle them or zap them a little. But if they live you can get sued for doing your job.

This person committed no crime. If police think this is worthy of killing someone over, we need to recruit police that aren't so easily spooked, there is no other way to put it. Their job is dangerous, but not that dangerous . This is at best very immoral and at worst, murder, I'm leaning toward murder.

Did you look at the link?

Scene 1; Two innocent cops sitting in their car, someone walks up and 'executes' (aka muuuuurders) them.
Scene 2; A cocky idiot being non-compliant and behaving in a manner that could easily (by logical peeps) be construed to be reaching for a firearm around his waist, gets a lethal dose of lead. Unfortunate choices bring unfortunate consequences.

Sorry, but my sympathies are firmly aligned with the law enforcement officers attempting to do their dangerous jobs. Guess that makes me a bad person.o_O :rolleyes:

You do you, I'll do me.:D

Sorry, but my sympathies are firmly aligned with the law enforcement officers
While I appreciate your position and 'alignment' where ultimately does the line get 'drawn'? Will it become an environment of anyone who is approached by LEOs having to freeze like a statue or risk getting shot over the smallest movement? Many posts reference a standard position of the person not 'complying' or not 'obeying orders' but what degree of compliance will become the standard? I too believe this person was not complying but what will become the model (or example) of compliance to avoid getting shot?

This is why we don't need ( at least tube videos) videos. People making decisions on 25 seconds of poor quality video.

While I appreciate your position and 'alignment' where ultimately does the line get 'drawn'? Will it become an environment of anyone who is approached by LEOs having to freeze like a statue or risk getting shot over the smallest movement? Many posts reference a standard position of the person not 'complying' or not 'obeying orders' but what degree of compliance will become the standard? I too believe this person was not complying but what will become the model (or example) of compliance to avoid getting shot?

HA! I like your creative editing;

"Sorry, but my sympathies are firmly aligned with the law enforcement officers" Your 'quote' of mine.

"Sorry, but my sympathies are firmly aligned with the law enforcement officers attempting to do their dangerous jobs." What I really said. Words mean things.:s0123: Do you happen work in the media?:s0149: ;)

If, in the course of doing their duty, an officer interprets behavior consistent with a punk reaching for a firearm around his waist, (How many times have I said this now?:rolleyes:) and takes steps to stop the threat, I do not fault the officer, but the ding dong who can't obey a very simple order. :s0013:

ANYHOO...I'm weary of this conversation. Still. Again. :s0077:

Oh bs.

This cop has to burn otherwise they can go around shooting whoever they want and say they "interpreted" threatening behavior.

Cops don't have a special set of rules. They have to abide by the same laws as the rest of us.

The guy didn't have a gun and having your hands near your waistband is not threatening enough to justify deadly force. Period

This cop has to burn otherwise they can go around shooting whoever they want and say they "interpreted" threatening behavior.
You are almost 'verbatim' of what an LEO I was speaking to a while back made reference to. He told me an element of current LE training is based on how the LEO 'interprets' the situation as opposed to actuality or reality.

your not a bad person for blindly supporting the killer cops, maybe naive considering the whole country has been demonstrating , rioting etc etc etc over the escalating killer cops and its a nation wide epidemic....
worried about ISIS? you better worry about your own children in the streets of the USA, police brutality, profiling & the extensive list of unnecessary deaths by killer cop are a bigger threat in this country

Behaving in a way that could be interpreted, in a split second of time under stress, as though you are going to draw a weapon and put officers' lives at risk may mean that the LEO needs to shoot to stop the threat.

So what if the guy had just violently sneezed instead? Would that sudden movement have been enough of a threat for the police to shoot?

What also bothers me is that multiple police are shooting simultaneously. I can't believe all the cops thought that kid was an immediate threat, instead as soon as they heard their colleague open fire, they though "He must be firing for a good reason, guess I should too."

I'll put this to rest. If you have minimal hearing and comprehension but cannot comply to orders because A. you have an attitude
B. you feel unjustly detained or
C. do not speak American you are taking your life in your own hands. These cops are being shot and killed in the line of duty.
Those who have never been in LE (myself included) have no idea what goes on "on the job" as you would about being in the military (as I have).

Arm chair comments are just that, opinions.
What have Americans become with their self-righteous attitudes and speculation.

Again, having your hands near your waistband is not justification for deadly force. Just like you or me.

LEO are trained to deal with non compliant individuals. And gimme a break with them having such a dangerous job. LE is about as dangerous as a grounds keeping and umpire.

This is far from an execution but it warrants further investigation for sure. The general situation may seem a bit odd to anybody here who has not worked nights in Gardena, CA. I spent 5 years doing it and was put in the position of having to draw on an attempted strong-arm robber. Not my preferred situation but no shots were fired and the gentlemen ended the night in police custody.

What you may not notice in this video is the beep tone you hear in the background that repeats every few seconds. This is the hold tone that goes out when the "air is secured" for emergency traffic only. The stop alone apparently warranted securing the air and more than one unit. That is NOT standard procedure (even in Gardena, Compton, Watts, etc.) for a stolen bike call. There is much more to this than appears in the edited video. I will refrain from passing judgment until the full details are available.

It does appear (from what we can see in this edited video) that the cop who started shooting thought he saw something and the second cop reacted to the gunfire in kind. I wonder how any of us would react if our "partner" opened fire? Would we pause and contemplate why or react the same way. Stop the threat and then sort it out? May not seem like a good idea now but everybody's hope is to go home alive (including the uncooperative guy on the bike).

There are no good options in that moment, only bad and worse ones.
Thanks for more insight of the procedures. I agree, I wish they show more before the what's released.

The fact that the victim's family requested for the video release for a long time and the department resisted makes me trust their sides story more.

Unfortunately the family settled the case, so unless there is a criminal investigation, I don't think we would find out more. My worry is if the cop does not get displined, he could start another such situation in the future.

Not following police orders does not get you executed or murdered. Do you know what an execution or a murder is? This is an execution and a murder. Or visa versa... Just sayin'. Words mean things.

In general I would always give the cops the benefit of doubts. But in this case the video and the background situation indicates some wrong doing. I can't blindly trust every cop.

I also understand the world is not perfect. The cops can't always make the perfect decision in a split second. But reversely, how could we expect the general public to be perfect all the time? People don't get trained hours after hours for police encounter. I think the only people who constantly think about how to deal with police are criminals.

The scary part of this video is that a small mistake by an innocent person can cost their life.

Does the stink from your BS ever make you just look around.

You are fine advocate, but have terrible judgement.

your not a bad person for blindly supporting the killer cops, maybe naive considering the whole country has been demonstrating , rioting etc etc etc over the escalating killer cops and its a nation wide epidemic....
worried about ISIS? you better worry about your own children in the streets of the USA, police brutality, profiling & the extensive list of unnecessary deaths by killer cop are a bigger threat in this country

"*You're* not a bad person for blindly hating all law enforcement, maybe naïve considering the whole country has been deciding they are no longer responsible for their own actions, rioting and destroying other peoples property because they think they have the right to do what ever they want. Worried about ISIS? You better worry about my kids on the streets of the USA, because I teach them its ok to break the law and cops are evil murderous traitors. The reality is the extensive list of deaths that are the result of people deciding they no longer need to follow the law and directives from police are a bigger threat to the percentage of people I run with in this country"

There I fixed it for you.

Last Edited:
Who the hell are you that you feel you can correct my opinions......
my opinions dont require your feeble help, I dont need your help, nor is it appreciated, you are welcome to be a cop sycophant if its to your liking..... I dont care whos butt your licking, you too are welcome to your opinions even if you choose to be in the blind minority, post your own opinions and drivel

YOU MUST BE A COP OR LIVE UNDER A ROCK AS WELL, ANOTHER MYOPIC MINDED CLOWN TO BE PUT ON IGNORE:p

Who the hell are you that you feel you can correct my opinions......
my opinions dont require your feeble help, I dont need your help, nor is it appreciated, you are welcome to be a cop sycophant if its to your liking..... I dont care whos butt your licking, you too are welcome to your opinions even if you choose to be in the blind minority, post your own opinions and drivel

YOU MUST BE A COP OR LIVE UNDER A ROCK AS WELL, ANOTHER MYOPIC MINDED CLOWN TO BE PUT ON IGNORE:p

Please, please by all means put me on ignore, lest I forget about you and unwittingly enter into a transaction with you. It sounds like that would be a mistake that might land me on the wrong end of a law enforcement visit in the long run.

Its odd that you can post, assuming you know or are even competent enough to label someone's opinions, even asserting that they "blindly support killer cops", yet when someone does it to you, you become a 5th grader calling names.

Your "opinion" is what ever you want it to be, as is mine. My post simply outlined what I understood your opinion to mean. I guess that's the great thing about opinions, they are ours and ours alone to posses. If it struck a little close to home, that seems like your issue, not mine.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top