JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If there'd be no illegal immigration, you wouldn't stop this one bit. As a legal immigrant, I didn't have to go through the vaccination part of the program until one of the final stages of the green card process. I'd been in the country for about 2 years then, legally of course.

Secondly, taking immigration out of the equation, you will not counter new viruses unless a vaccine exists and the population is sufficiently vaccinated (an issue for example in the so-called "bible belt" in Holland, where people don't vaccinate out of religious reasons). The word "new" implies that a cure might not be developed yet (and even "old" diseases have this problem, think of the HIV/AIDS virus, for example) and few people get vaccinated for everything.

There's also a big media hype, like with anything. Look at West-Nile. Big thing in the media, most recent CDC numbers say just below 5400 registered cases and less than 250 deaths. Then look at good old influenza, what you'd call "flu". CDC chart showing only pediatric deaths over last few years:

IPD09_small.gif

With a link to a more interactive page: Influenza-Associated Pediatric Mortality

And these are only kids. Influenza is also a killer among the elderly, but it's been there for ages so nobody gets too anxious anymore.

That said, I agree that illegal immigration is something to be countered and prosecuted (and sentences should be executed as well). I did it the legal way, so why not others. And if farmers start bubbleguming about not getting enough workers, talk to your people in congress to get more seasonal agricultural visas.

What about a mandatory time in one of the services to get a citizenship, or civil service. Also a cap on family that could be brought. Both of these of course along with tighter immigrant control. Also where would all the good cocaine come from? Im all grown up now butt dont all you act like you didnt do some partying. Im sure many of our top politicians did at some point also. The Bushes, Clintons and so and so on. Then death sentence for meth cooks.

Strange my wife had to prove she'd had all the vaccinations before receiving her visa, or entering the country... That was a long time ago... Perhaps the process might be different for different countries...

If the government is running it you now it's not consistent...

Yeah, immigration policy sure won't have much effect on the movement of microorganisms. Good luck on that one. How many international flights are there every day?

My only gripe, and demand would be NO ONE coming to the US should get any kind of govt assistance, tax break, child credit, interest free or discounted loans, tuition discounts or get it free, any kind of welfare, housing assistance , food stamps, social security, etc for at least 10 years after working and paying taxes. And no social security until after paying in at keast 20 years.

But this will NEVER happen!

"NO ONE coming to the US should get any kind of govt assistance, tax break, child credit, interest free or discounted loans, tuition discounts or get it free, any kind of welfare, housing assistance , food stamps, social security, etc for at least 10 years after working and paying taxes."

I'm all for that. In fact I'd remove the time limit, and make it apply to everybody, not just immigrants.

And this WILL happen, but it will take a crashed economy to do it.

My solution: 4 years Federal service for all illegal immigrants 18-45, pass an English test, pass the citizenship exam, pass a drug test,find a job, Welcome to the US. Their Federal service could be the military, Americorps, Civilian Conservation Corps, or even documented Peace Corps. Older or younger, green card after passing drug test and documenting you can get a job and speak english 4 years probation, you commit a felony? you are gone, come back and get caught 10 years hard labor in federal prison.

Brutus Out

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads