JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Amen!

When my wife gets like this I start quoting this video. She realizes what's up and adjusts accordingly.

Just listen and be sympathetic....

Sometimes she doesn't want it fixed, just wants to "talk" and know that you "listen"...

Those are the moments when I take mental inventory of what rounds I have on the shelf :cool:

All the while listening and being sympathetic

I have bern married over 30 years I have a lot left to learn but one thing I have learned is not listening isa big mistake. Just because its nt iimportant to me doesn't mean its not important to her.

I have bern married over 30 years I have a lot left to learn but one thing I have learned is not listening isa big mistake. Just because its nt iimportant to me doesn't mean its not important to her.

Married 12 years now. I learned that about two/three years ago.

And quoted for truth.

That's hilarious because it is so true. I'll generalize here: women need to talk about problems, men just want to fix the problem so the noise will stop.

We will have been married for 30 years in July. It too me too long to learn that lesson, but learn it I did.

Hilarious video. We'll hit 23 years in July. Learning to listen is a key skill for any husband who wishes to maintain sanity in the home. Listening and not trying to 'fix' everything, is another key skill ;) After 23 years, our ability to relate and communicate is better than it's ever been. Was a bit rocky those first 5-10 years or so - but I don't always learn quickly :p

Of course, there are still times I try to pull the nail :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
I come right out and admit it:p

More often then I'd like I have to stop my wife and say something like, "I need you to back up to the beginning, I was sidetracked and didn't hear a word you said".

It happens so much she is used to it (I'm sure it's irritating) but has known me long enough to know I don't do it on purpose and doesn't hold it against me - Squirrel!!!:eek:

It's better then her saying later, "We talked about that for 10 min yesterday!".:D

Yesterday she was droning on and on and on about some emotional crisis.. and I suddenly muttered "damn"

Her - "and that's why I just don't feel... what?"
Me - "uh.. nothing."
Her - "What am I talking about?"
Me - "your feelings"
Her - "uh huh... specifically?"
I stare at her for a while... then - "I just realized I haven't seen my shirt with the blue cuffs in like a month... any idea what happened to it?"
Her - :mad::mad::mad:

This is why a man needs alcohol. I very seriously think I handle it/pay attention better when I'm good and decently buzzed.

Sober... you gotta tune it out or it just cuts into you like a rusty razor.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top