JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This afternoon driving on Zion Church Rd near Forest Grove I saw a small coyote, a large bobcat or cobracobra booking it across the hwy. Just strange in broad day light and a popular bike route. Lucky it was cold so only a few cars on the road. The fields are very large in that area. I used to see more critters 2-3am when I worked the night shift.

This afternoon driving on Zion Church Rd near Forest Grove I saw a small coyote, a large bobcat or cobracobra booking it across the hwy. Just strange in broad day light and a popular bike route. Lucky it was cold so only a few cars on the road. The fields are very large in that area. I used to see more critters 2-3am when I worked the night shift.
About a month ago, for about 30 minutes, I watched a small coyote hunting mice in the clearing off my porch. I see coyotes from time to time walking thru my property and I have seen large ones crossing the roads up here. I see deer on my property all the time - when it snowed I saw deer tracks all over the immediate vicinity of my house. There is often bear scat within 100 yards of my house. Neighbors have seen cougars and bears. Deer are a real driving hazard - I've come very close to hitting a number of them when leaving the mountain. I see my motion detection lights along the driveway come on frequently after dark.

I never know what is out there when it is dark.

I drive that area all the time, I've never seen a darn thing. Strange indeed.

About a month ago, for about 30 minutes, I watched a small coyote hunting mice in the clearing off my porch. I see coyotes from time to time walking thru my property and I have seen large ones crossing the roads up here. I see deer on my property all the time - when it snowed I saw deer tracks all over the immediate vicinity of my house. There is often bear scat within 100 yards of my house. Neighbors have seen cougars and bears. Deer are a real driving hazard - I've come very close to hitting a number of them when leaving the mountain. I see my motion detection lights along the driveway come on frequently after dark.

I never know what is out there when it is dark.
A couple of years back I was on my motorcycle near Skyline Rd around the big homes on acreage. I thought I saw a dog coming out to chase me. Turned out it was a dear determined to cross the road before me. I got slowed down in time but it actually gave me the shakes. I had sped up to get away from the dog just to have that, Oh golly, moment to realize it was as big as me with antlers.

A couple of years back I was on my motorcycle near Skyline Rd around the big homes on acreage. I thought I saw a dog coming out to chase me. Turned out it was a dear determined to cross the road before me. I got slowed down in time but it actually gave me the shakes. I had sped up to get away from the dog just to have that, Oh golly, moment to realize it was as big as me with antlers.
I totaled a car on a deer back east in pretty much the same scenario. Fortunately the poor thing didn't so much as twitch after it landed. Must have died instantly.

The cat didn't want to leave. Jeez they are a creepy animal.
While I would be "leery" of having one as a neighbor I have always found the top predators to be majestic creatures. The cat had to eat or starve. He took down a very large animal compared to his size so I can see why he was reluctant to leave his meal. Humans often choose to live in an area these animals live. If they do they need to take some care in how they live since they may find themselves interacting with the critters that live near them. If I lived there I would have drug the animal farther away from my home, taken some for me and left the rest for the cat to come back later and fill up on.The cat well fed is not likely to eat something you do not want him to kill.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top