JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Jimwsea - exactly. People can't wrap their heads around that because that would be an admittance that they have been naive victims most of their lives. That's why I said good for the guy who found a way to stick it to the banksters and get out of his student loan.

Deluded slaves do what they do best though. They bend one knee toward the altar of authority and defend the status quo with everything they can muster. Their beliefs and values are typewritten and handed to them near birth; the thinking has been done for them.

I have no long term debt to a bank or anyone else and never will have. The lack of stress, the freedom, is better than any Mercedes or McMansion. Ahh, to be a bankster and have your property running back and forth to their wage slave jobs while paying phony interest and taxes all while you are sipping champagne and smoking them big cigars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jimwsea - exactly. People can't wrap their heads around that because that would be an admittance that they have been naive victims most of their lives.

Or maybe they just accept that this is the current state of the evolution of business and finance and don't get constipated about it? If I want to buy an education (and just so happens I'm gearing up to go back for my MBA, because every certificate I earn nets me a higher salary :-0 ... ), but don't have the $20-75k to roll out up front, I borrow it... what the bubblegum difference does it make to me where the money comes from? It's "borrowed" money from their various sources, which they use to make money, very similar to my borrowing money from them to make myself more money.

Welcome to modern finance, gentlemen. It's know it's terrifying, but wait... no, no it's actually not.

Sure....whats wrong with paying 300-500% for something you want to buy? Sounds a bit strange but what the heck.

Mr.Banker..."Hey, can I borrow a dollar? I'll lend it out and then make $3 from it and I'll give you a cut. We could make a killing on those innocent unsuspecting people. Muhhahahahahahahaaaa...."

wrong.jpg

wrong.jpg

Accept that we are drones and slaves, dumbed-down and deluded, molded, deceived, owned property, dominated .... yep already did. On the road to truth it is necessary to accept that one has essentially been a sucker their whole life up to that point. Like an Etch A Sketch; you start all over, enlightened, and the vast majority of people around you seem .... pitiful and pathetic, gabbering on about politics and what 'they know' - just sad. That isn't being condescending, it is just a fact.

Accept that we are drones and slaves, dumbed-down and deluded, molded, deceived, owned property, dominated .... yep already did. On the road to truth it is necessary to accept that one has essentially been a sucker their whole life up to that point. Like an Etch A Sketch; you start all over, enlightened, and the vast majority of people around you seem .... pitiful and pathetic, gabbering on about politics and what 'they know' - just sad. That isn't being condescending, it is just a fact.

You need consider getting some new friends, bro. Your life bubblegumin' sucks.

So, should someone who went to school for a "Culinary Arts" degree for four years at the cost of 80K also be forgiven their debt when they don't make it?

I read an article of a kid in Michigan who's dad sent him to an engineering program, but the kid secretly went to culinary school and ended up making $12 bucks an hour.

At the end of the day, it's personal responsibility. You take a calculated risk to better your life, based on an inventory of your skills. If you don't think you can become a lawyer, don't go. Because the expense of you not making it get's passed onto the rest of us.

So, should someone who went to school for a "Culinary Arts" degree for four years at the cost of 80K also be forgiven their debt when they don't make it?

I read an article of a kid in Michigan who's dad sent him to an engineering program, but the kid secretly went to culinary school and ended up making $12 bucks an hour.

At the end of the day, it's personal responsibility. You take a calculated risk to better your life, based on an inventory of your skills. If you don't think you can become a lawyer, don't go. Because the expense of you not making it get's passed onto the rest of us.

You still have around a decade to go before your prefrontal cortex is capable of independent good decision-making, at 18.

Now back to the story. The guy flaked out on his responsibility. Ad made himself look like a turd. I would assume with his somewhat above average intelligence, that he planned this attack. All planned. So all you Sally's can flake, congratulate him, and have YOUR sworn enemy, the government, bail you out. Cause that's exactly what your saying.

The government is not our sworn enemy.
A man should pay his bills, but after he has exhausted all his possibilities if a man cant, he cant.
Even good men have hard times.
Sometimes I think it is fine to help others out.

Calling people who you don't know Sally's and flakes can get you into serious trouble.

"...and he put up with having $280 a month garnished from his wages for 16 months without objecting.

Only when the second lender garnished $1,000 in one sweep, leaving him without money to support his wife and baby, did he file to erase most of his loan, she said. "

That would have really sucked.

I knew a man and women once who had a tax refund of $3000 dollars coming to them and was expecting the check in the mail to pay some important bills. The IRS instead wrote them a letter and kept the check saying that they had owed money from a previous year. It was very hard on them to have expected that money to help then get a letter like that. So while I agree we all should pay to people what we owe them...stuff happens.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top