Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

this is what the antis consider "common sense"

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Koda, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Koda

Koda Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

we don’t "need" to carry a gun to go out to dinner in an up-scale part of town. Why cant you duke it out like a man, a gun is just going to get somebody killed over a stupid argument. Carrying a gun for protection is a little extreme. Gun owners live in fear....

http://katu.com/news/local/man-wearing-packers-hat-assaulted-by-seahawks-fans-now-in-icu

decklin and clearconscience like this.
  2. AndyinEverson

AndyinEverson Everson, Wa. Well-Known Member

"Why cant you duke it out like a man , a gun is just going to get someone killed over a stupid argument."
    I don't and wouldn't "duke it out" , that is called fighting and you can get hurt or go to jail for fighting.
    Sounds like some one needs to learn the difference between self-defense and fighting.
    Over the years , I have had many a "stupid argument" and have never killed anyone over it. I would bet the rest of us here could say the same.
    Most of the Antis "common sense" seems more fearful of what could happen , but what hardly ever does happen, a lack of understanding about guns and most gun owners and the Antis need to punish all gun owners for the acts of law-breakers , strikes me as a lack of common sense.
    Andy

Joe13, Slobray and Koda like this.
  3. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Lol. My gauntlet slapping arm got all tired just reading that yarn.

Stomper likes this.
  4. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

You knave, take that!! (SLAP!)

etrain16 and Certaindeaf like this.
  5. Patriot1668

Patriot1668 SW Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

How dare you, scurrilous rapscallion! The field of honour awaits (after the 5-day waiting period)!

decklin, Slobray and Stomper like this.
  6. Boboclown

Boboclown North Carolina Well-Known Member

Well, I never! The gloves are off my good sir.

308 likes this.
  7. Stomper

You wiper of other people's bottoms, your mother smells of elderberries!

Dyjital and Slobray like this.
  8. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Well because nowa days folks like to put the boots to you to make a good showing on You tube.
    Nobody wants to "just duke it out" ,they want to go all getto and curb stomp
    But in the case above,even having a gun may not have helped.You couldn't really pull it without going to jail.
    Well I guess your head wouldn't have been leaking

Koda likes this.
  9. Larrytpdx

Larrytpdx Portland, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

"Guns are a lot like parachutes ~ if you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

Joe13, Boboclown and edslhead like this.
  10. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I take any attack or threat of violence to myself or my family as a threat to major bodily harm or death.

Beware of the old man, he's too old to fight. So odds are he'll just kill you.

I consider myself and old man.

decklin, Joe13 and Pops1911 like this.
  11. Stomper

First of all I would have never let those schmucks get that close to me, second Id've had my hand on the pistol grip ready to pull my CCW, third Id've not verbally engaged them in the first place because my eyes would've told them they only had seconds of good health left.

Fact. o_O

Plus, walking around at night in a section of town heavily populated by homosexual people with a hat that says, "Packers" is asking for it! :D

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    robertg and 41Slinger like this.
  12. Koda

Koda Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

13. Stomper

Yeah, just heard about this today on the radio.

14. kilimanjaro

kilimanjaro Skagit County Well-Known Member

I boxed two years in college, way back when, and paid for textbooks with the $50 I got for a once-a-week smoker at the local VFW or Elks hall. There is no way I'm going to 'duke it out' with some drunken punk on the street. He's younger, faster, avoids rules, and the last time he was violent was probably yesterday.

15. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

I guess they dont realize how many people die from simple blunt force trauma every year.

So they're telling us an 80 year old woman should duke it out rather than carry a firearm? Cute.

16. Pops1911

Pops1911 Cinebar/Issaquah Well-Known Member

+1. I am officially an Old Man now.

Onramp likes this.
  17. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Well that sucks for football fans:(.

They are probably going to try and have football outlawed and you can only watch games after background checks and 4 hours of training....

No offense to sports fans but Religion, Politics, Territory, Cash and Sports should be the 5 deadly sins lol.

mjbskwim likes this.
  18. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

You insult my Packers hat, and I will insult your choice in shoes...make you cry like a little girl!

Joe13 likes this.
  19. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

Alinsky Rules for Radicals
    Cultural Marxism
    These Commies will tie themselves in knots following their pathological credo, then, in the end, they will be the ones shooting women and children to bring about Utopia never realizing that they are the next ones into the pito_O

decklin likes this.
  20. tiggers97

tiggers97 United States Well-Known Member

The few times I've heard gun-control types make this statement, and someone's followed up with the right questions, the person ends up being some 20-30yr old guy, 6ft tall + and fit. i.e. physically larger and stronger than the average male who is used to having their way.

mjbskwim and Koda like this.