Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

This is what happens with requiring "gun permits" and ownership restrictions

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Blitzkrieg, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

2. gaijinsamurai

gaijinsamurai Beaverton Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I would like to see states move in the direction that Vermont has taken, where there are simply no permits. If you have the right to keep arms, you have the right to bear them.

3. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Not to mention the high cost - as the article points out -there is the rest of the country and then there is New York City.

4. gaijinsamurai

gaijinsamurai Beaverton Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Municipalities should not have the ability to thumb their noses at the Constitution. Troops were used to give African-Americans equal rights to education in the South in the 1960's, and the Second Amendment is no less important.

5. Blitzkrieg

Alaska, Arizona and several other states, as well

Constitutional Carry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

6. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

Wow - there's some double-speak right there. Your right can never be taken away, but your privilege to exercise it can? How does that constitute a right?

7. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

There was a ton of double talk in there. The owner agrees that is a good idea for high price permits and 6-8 month waits.

Of course then there is the customer that feels like a BA walking down the street with an unloaded gun in a case. Now he does not move out of the way for others because he is a BA in his mind. Does not sound like a normal and responsible gun owner to me.....

8. SCARed

SCARed Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

The article was written over a year ago...

9. Blitzkrieg

And this is important, why?

10. boarder4life81

boarder4life81 Eugene, Oregon Active Member

He feels like a BA while practicing his butterscotch carry. :laugh::gun01:
    Carry Condition Tactical Butterscotch - YouTube

11. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

I think he's pointing out what's wrong with the law, not double-speaking. He's saying that New York has turned a right into a privilege.

12. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

State, County, and City law makers CAN pass any law that is tougher than Federal law. But the same law makers can not pass a law that is lesser then Federal law. They do however have to stay in line with the US constitution. With very recent exceptions. The states of Colorado and Washington passing there recreational MJ laws. The Feds have taken a step back and are letting the two states proceed with the voters passing of the two state bills.

13. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

You may be right, but given some of his other comments, I took that to be defending the law there.

14. 40calruler

40calruler Lake Oswego Well-Known Member

I always think its great when I head to AZ for business and see people open carry all over the place. Nobody looks twice. It is one place I love to bring my M&P 40 full size as I have no need to try and get it down my pants. If we could do that everywhere it would be a amazing thing as when I walk around with the 40 on my belt or shoulder rig nobody looks twice but it feels as though anyone looking for trouble does not look twice at me either. I like the element of surprise but I do feel that the little thugs look at their feet rather than eyeing me when I am in a sketchy area. I am not sure the crime rates in comparison but I can only imagine that most people are not going to jump the dude with a gun in a shoulder rig with his shirt and tie. The only time I have been asked about it is someone asking me if I like the M&P vs the Glock which was just a honest question. Personally I hated Glocks until I got my first 23. Now they have a special place in my heart a little below my love of the CZ 75.

15. 40calruler

40calruler Lake Oswego Well-Known Member

Someone using their gun to bully or feel like a BA is just a fool. Like a 5' guy in a lifted truck without a 4 wheeling scratch on it and shiny as can be. My gun comforts me as a tool. So does my hammer, shovel, drill, and every other tool that has a certain purpose.

16. GrpCapMandrake

GrpCapMandrake Vancouver Active Member

I could not agree more.

17. Blitzkrieg

If federal law is unconstitutional that is irrelevant