JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Retread,
Thanks for the link. That makes me feel better knowing that there is a voice in law enforcement with a some common sense.

I had a 2 hour chat with a police supervisor one time regarding police actions and responsibilities.

My bottom line to him was "You signed up for a career that can put you in danger. The non LEO citizen did not. If you -ever- consider your safety to be more important than an innocent citizen's safety, you've crossed a bad line."

He disagreed and said he has a family to go home to at night.

Want to be shocked and outraged? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVmGWLsn0iM

In it you will hear LOCAL leo's showing complete and utter disregard for your and my fellow citizens who were in dire need of immediate help.
I think the local leo's show up around half way through the video.

Anyway, I hope for more police like the one who wrote the article you linked.

Thanks for the link.

Sometimes you get the best answers, honest answers, when you ask cops questions ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, we've known for a long time that the police are NOT required to come to your aid, at all....they have never had to show up. That they do is just a perk we get sometimes, if it fits into their schedule....

Yes, I know, there are good cops out there, but even they don't have to help....

(Deshaney v. Winnebago County DeShaney v. Winnebago County | The Oyez Project at IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law )
(Castlerock v Gonzales Castle Rock v. Gonzales | The Oyez Project at IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law )

There a tons more cases which say the same thing....the police DO NOT have to show up and help.

Can someone explain to me why we would want to make their lives easier?

They didn't sign up for easy. The could have been been in fast food if they wanted easy.

The only reason I would call the police is so I could say I did later in court. Well, that and if the Orc(s) escape maybe the law can inconvenience them. When it comes to preserving my life and those of the people I love I will be dialing 9mm or EXT #00. Response time for the police is anywhere from 2-90 min. Response time for Mr. Mossberg and Mr. Kalashnikov are immediate and effective.

I have no ill will toward the police, but a place where the legal Weltanschauung is based on their convenience and safety exclusively to the preclusion of those of the peons it's called a police state.

This officer points out some possible risks, but is wholly behind 2A.

Making cops? lives easier (at the public?s expense) | chrishernandezauthor

Thanks for posting this. I was one of those folks who initially was concerned that cops showing up to an active shooter at a school with teachers being expected to confront the shooter was a bad idea. How would they tell a bad guy from a good guy? Over time I've read many well articulated thoughts about this subject on this forum and have changed my mind. This article did a good job of reinforcing the need for people to react to active shooters with equal force. Initially I scoffed at Wayne LaPierre's comment about the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. Fact of the matter is he is absolutely correct. It certainly is better to realize I was wrong and see the light than to be wrong and not know it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top