JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Heck
San Diego CA just gave up on their facial recognition
Not one bust from it in several years of use.
Maybe its not as dangerous as folks think...

Equipment meltdown...

nancy-pelosi-ms13.jpg

There is 300 and some million people in the US. It amazes me how many of them think what they do is so important that there is Gov workers following them around. As if there is a literal army of Gov workers watching them all day. The vast majority of us no one could care less about enough to care. So take to social media and tell the world what you had for dinner:D
The problem is if you have worked for the government, you know that guy. Whether at the DMV or some all access to computers network. I know more than one guy to get in trouble searching some pretty girls info. One guy nearly Secret Santa himself to Leavenworth.

Dangerous? Probably not. Creepy? 100%. Some people do abuse whatever power they have access to.

The problem is if you have worked for the government, you know that guy. Whether at the DMV or some all access to computers network. I know more than one guy to get in trouble searching some pretty girls info. One guy nearly Secret Santa himself to Leavenworth.

Dangerous? Probably not. Creepy? 100%. Some people do abuse whatever power they have access to.
Yep a guy I went through the Academy with, who was a VERY great kid, lost his job this way. He had ID of an attractive young woman from work. He used her info to look her up on Facebook and messenger her. The girl was interested but told her Mother who was also with her that day. Mom went critical mass and reported it. The guy tried to resign, saying as soon as he did it he thought he should not have. The HR people said flat out NO, he is terminated. I have warned the younger guys many times that because we have access to peoples VERY private information you have to be VERY careful to not do even what that kid did.
Now as for me? I still am not going to run around with a tin foil hat no just sure the Gov cares enough about me to listen in and watch what I do. :D

If you have Netflix, check out "The Great Hack"

As for abuse of privilege... don't be like this NSA employee...

If you have Netflix, check out "The Great Hack"

As for abuse of privilege... don't be like this NSA employee...

That article may be satire, but this isn't: LOVEINT: On his first day of work, NSA employee spied on ex-girlfriend

No criminal charges? I certainly hope the ex GF can at least sue him.

Yeah, good luck with discovery. State Secrets Doctrine.

EDIT: Boeing used that to great effect in the 50s when a plane crash killed several engineers -- some 50 years later or so when the documents the Plaintiffs wanted were declassified, they showed no state secrets at all, but knowledge on Boeing's part that the plane in question needed an engine mod, maintenance records showing the same, and that Boeing didn't do the mod. Failure to do the modification caused the plane to crash, but Boeing escaped major liability (it did settle the case but for way less than it would have had the documents been available) by arguing the State Secrets Doctrine and won on that issue, even so far as forbidding the trial judge from reviewing the materials first and making a determination on whether state secrets were involved. So yeah, excellent out for the Feds whenever they are negligent or abusive. United States v. Reynolds - Wikipedia

Last Edited:
This man says he's stockpiling billions of our photos

And from my client today:
"Beginning February 21, we are implementing software featuring license plate and facial recognition technologies at sites in your area. With these tools, we will be better equipped to provide a safer work environment for everyone on campus."

Well....
I had some facial recognition issues today at the airport. I was at the airport. I fly regularly. I have TSA express lane deal also. So I roll up to show the last my drivers license and my phone to scan. She just keeps staring at me and my license. For a long time. Then she asks for one more ID. Then she asks for a 3rd ID. At this point I'm highly annoyed. Then she calls her manager and she walks away. He proceeds to do the same drill. Lol!!! Ok. So the pic was 6 years ago. And I do have a beard now. But this is Boise for hell sakes. Are they thinking the middle age white male is the next isis?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top