JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This does not make sense.

It is all to common when people mishandle glocks.
A heavy trigger should come in all of them.
Seems like 8 out of ten accidents I have seen were from glocks.
It is a great reliable firearm, but with an unorthodox trigger system.

Glocks can make poor techniques show. He still shouldn't have had a finger on the trigger regardless of the firearm. That's always a great way to fire off a round whether you want to or not.

Teach me. Not sure what you mean. I have 5 glocks, in different sizes and I'm comfortable with it.

BULL-PUCKEY

The accidents come from idiots putting their finger on a 3.5-4 pound trigger and thinking nothing will happen.

ALL. 100% of the accidents coming from Glocks have shown that some jackass put his booger-hook on the bang-switch when he had no business doing so.

I've owned light-trigger guns that I carried every single day for DECADES and have never had a ND. This is the typical jackass in our LE agencies that REFUSE to take personal responsibility for failure in the most BASIC of firearms safety standards.

But you want to blame the gun, rather than the jackass who put his finger on the trigger of loaded weapon when he wasn't ready to fire.

Even the most basic novices in ALL of the classes I have EVER taught, know better than that. This isn't a gun problem, it's a training problem.

Glocks can make poor techniques show. He still shouldn't have had a finger on the trigger regardless of the firearm. That's always a great way to fire off a round whether you want to or not.

That is why many departments require they be installed with "new york triggers"

And what's he doing putting ANY part of his body in front of the muzzle before it's fully cleared (or really ever, but especially before clearing the thing). That just seems careless to me.

Sent from a phone; typos likely

And what's he doing putting ANY part of his body in front of the muzzle before it's fully cleared (or really ever, but especially before clearing the thing). That just seems careless to me.

Sent from a phone; typos likely

:s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155:

My opinion exactly. I sold the Glock 36 that I had , though I love to shoot it, because I didn't trust myself with the trigger. Replaced it with a DAO Sig P220, which will never feel like a range gun, but it's accurate and THAT trigger is NOT going to be pulled by accident.

My opinion exactly. I sold the Glock 36 that I had , though I love to shoot it, because I didn't trust myself with the trigger. Replaced it with a DAO Sig P220, which will never feel like a range gun, but it's accurate and THAT trigger is NOT going to be pulled by accident.
So by inference you're saying a Glock is a "range gun"? Dood. Have you ever shot a bullseye tuned 1911 with a hair trigger or a PPC gun that'll only set off federal primers?

I don't even like 1911's ! :) But I have blasted paper plates at 50 yards with a Ruger Super Blackhawk ( my own reloads ), back in the '80's when I still had eyes that could see the front sight and a target at the same time. I don't personally CARRY and gun that doesn't have a decently long and hard DA pull. There are lots of DA/SA semi's that qualify for that honor. :) Glock's, without a trigger job, aren't one of them.

As others have said above, blame the man and not the gun. He broke two of the most basic safety rules:

Keep your finger off the trigger unless you are ready to pull it and never point the muzzle at anyone or anything unless you intend to destroy it.

PROPER firearms training would have prevented this.... Its NOT the Glocks fault but the operator. I saw roughly 150 people un-holster, load, re-holster, draw and shoot Glocks (and XD's) multiple times today and not shoot themselves. I cant say for sure but Ill bet it will be the same tomorrow.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top