JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If Washington passed laws like NY you bet your behind I would

Good for you Kable. I did. After doing it once , It would be very easy for me to do it again. I have thought about this subject a lot, my only regret was waiting so long. I should have done it years ago. It was actually very easy, and I have a wife and child.

If Washington passed California like gun laws or made my ability to carry in public difficult, I would leave in a second.

Does it get cold in Alaska ? ( that was my original destination )

Life is just too short to live miserable. I can't believe I wasted half of my life down in the golden state.

Yes, a bit...But I dont care...Already headed that way.

Seriously, go for it man. My start over was nothing short of exhilarating. It's been quite the ride. The new is starting to wear off for me now, but it's been fun. I love Washington.

My wife was Luke warm on Alaska from the beginning. Now that she has a taste of freedom if Washington went full retard I think convincing would be very easy.

Save lots, I saved twice what I thought I needed and it worked out great.

I moved everything I owned in the back of Penske, I would never do that again. I would sale everything on craigslist except for 2 pistols and my carbine and would buy new again, especially if you will be moving via the ferry as I had planned. I would keep heirlooms and non replaceable keepsakes though.

Never did figure out if you could take guns on the ferry out of Bellingham ( because of silly Canada ). If not, pelican case them and ship.

Just my .02

We are selling most everything. What we cant fit in the car will be slowly shipped up. All the guns first of course. Waiting on the ferry schedule to come out for winter so we can book passage to Haines, and then drive from there.

I have 2 year old Identical twin girls, and a wife 13 years my junior...We are doing this at her initial suggestion, because of the crime increases in Southern Oregon.

I am so looking forward to home schooling the girls, and the hunting and fishing. Being Army retired and having that portable income, plus being under 40, I have a lot of plans once we get there. The wife can go to college, and I'll raise the kids outside, like I was. At least I can instill appropriate values in them...Gotta keep something alive in this country from the good old days. I may open a small restaurant and brewery in Fairbanks...Sky's the limit.

I will miss Oregon, I always did when I was globetrotting, but it is not the place I grew up, it is a twisted, hyper liberal, touchy feely place that I don't fit in anymore.

I wish homesteading was still open, but property is pretty cheap up there, and the state is 3 times the size of Texas...Lots of space to stretch my legs.

I'm rambling.

We are selling most everything. What we cant fit in the car will be slowly shipped up. All the guns first of course. Waiting on the ferry schedule to come out for winter so we can book passage to Haines, and then drive from there.

I have 2 year old Identical twin girls, and a wife 13 years my junior...We are doing this at her initial suggestion, because of the crime increases in Southern Oregon.

I am so looking forward to home schooling the girls, and the hunting and fishing. Being Army retired and having that portable income, plus being under 40, I have a lot of plans once we get there. The wife can go to college, and I'll raise the kids outside, like I was. At least I can instill appropriate values in them...Gotta keep something alive in this country from the good old days. I may open a small restaurant and brewery in Fairbanks...Sky's the limit.

I will miss Oregon, I always did when I was globetrotting, but it is not the place I grew up, it is a twisted, hyper liberal, touchy feely place that I don't fit in anymore.

I wish homesteading was still open, but property is pretty cheap up there, and the state is 3 times the size of Texas...Lots of space to stretch my legs.

I'm rambling.

I have a friend that lives in Fairbanks, he just moved back here because of some reason i don't know, most in likely got an eskimo pregnant.

I'm rambling.

It's going to be awesome man.

I'm still young enough to head further north and still may do it some day anyway. I'm comfortable right now though, more so than I have been in memory. I believe it will be awesome for your girls too. What a place to grow up. So much different than I did in the SF Bay Area. Hell, that was one of the many reasons I left. I could not raise my kid there.

I wish you the best of luck. With your presumably stable retirement income, you sir, will be set !

Sorry about the thread jack...

View attachment 143322

Where was the uproar a month ago? Or is this a second 80 million dollar contract? Why are we some angry now? Colt got a SOCOM contract as well, they are so far staying in New York, as is Kimber.

People were saying the same thing about NY before. We are angry because these power hungry will trample all our rights, one at a time, if we let them.
We are even more angry now because CT just joined the next version of Animal Farm, following NY state.
The fact of the matter is that by staying in those anti 2A states, these companies are financially supporting our enemies.
When you buy from those companies, YOU are supporting our enemies; you provide those state governments with the funds to operate.

Frankly, when we support any business entity in one of those states, we are giving financial support to those state governments.

I have drawn my line in the sand - not a single red cent will go to any business that is domiciled in NY, CT, CO, C or MA. I will do my part to starve the beast.

So the way for change is to accept those who are clearly not on the side of the fight and keep supporting them? Sure sounds to me like these same guys would vote Obummer again, ya know just to give him a chance and stop the in-fighting...

And Mark there's like 14 variations on the oldest firearms blah blah in the USA. I don't care if they came over with Columbus- Magpul has managed packing ship, many other LARGE gun manufacturers are packing ship. There is zero reason Remington can't aside from some nice kickbacks.

I agree with you all to some point, but raw materials, parts and such all come from various states, and a lot comes from CA and NY. I don't know how much of a black eye you will put on the gun companies, especially when they really don't employee all that many people. 400 employees for Magpul losing their jobs in CO is not really going to bring much concern. Remington hides all its numbers due to the Freedom Group. Most of that money will go to North Carolina, not New York. I work for a large company that is pretty much nationwide but our profits, earnings and paychecks come from PA. Yes, the state makes money but mostly from my pay and property taxes. After all the subsities, the state makes little i am sure. I don't want to hurt the manufacturing workers, they had nothing to do with the stupid laws that those states imposed.

I look at it like this, in December, Dicks Sporting Goods stopped selling the AR platform. Everyone on here said they will not buy a single thing from Dicks, then the shortage of Ammo came around and the line outside of Dicks on most mornings is around the building. So much for the boycott.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top