JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Agreed,attacking the gun companies does nothing constructive. Even if they did move to a new location there is nothing stopping that state from acting in the same fashion.

On another gun blog, a comment was made that if you really must have a certain Remington model then go buy a used one from ideally a private seller. That way you get the gun, a fellow gun owner gets all the money, and Remington does not get a dime.

You know, I hate Pennsylvania. Sounds too much like Transylvania. Anyways, I don't give a rats butt where it's made, states have issues, it's not cheap to up and move. There's a lot to it. I believe a lot of these companies that are now moving had plans to do so way before all this stuff ignited. The loss alone for delay in production, hiring, training would almost flatten most companies. Ever ran a CNC machine? Call me what you want or say what you want, but for me to up and move from Oregon to another state, secure property, transportation, movement of house hold goods, more than I have in savings right now. Add permits, business license, and hiring and training a work force, you do the math, do they have the funds, most in likely, would the share holders go for it, would you? It's business, at the end of the day, it's business.

You know, I hate Pennsylvania. Sounds too much like Transylvania. Anyways, I don't give a rats butt where it's made, states have issues, it's not cheap to up and move. There's a lot to it. I believe a lot of these companies that are now moving had plans to do so way before all this stuff ignited. The loss alone for delay in production, hiring, training would almost flatten most companies. Ever ran a CNC machine? Call me what you want or say what you want, but for me to up and move from Oregon to another state, secure property, transportation, movement of house hold goods, more than I have in savings right now. Add permits, business license, and hiring and training a work force, you do the math, do they have the funds, most in likely, would the share holders go for it, would you? It's business, at the end of the day, it's business.

Im just wowed wtf bribery at its finest I guess just like the rest of the greedy bubblegummers, MONEY TALKS, It makes me wonder exactly what else was promised.

Lets just hope Beretta doesnt get bribed and show the same colors as Remington!!!!!!!!

If Washington passed laws like NY you bet your behind I would! I realize they didn't support the laws but at the same time we need to send a clear message to legislators and money talks. Yes it would be expensive for them to move but a lot of states are offering deals to manufacturers in states that passed restrictive gun laws. If they moved I'm sure lots of gun owners would go out and buy a Remington to help support them but since they aren't moving they will probably take a hit in consumer sales. I'd bet if they moved they would come out on top, regardless if I owned a gun manufacturing business I would pick up and leave and I would not do any business with that states law enforcement or any government agency in that state.

I would love to see the look on Cuomo's and Bloomburg's faces if Remington up and moved.

But the fact is, it's not just packing up the machinery and computers and going somewhere. The costs of moving can be covered and compensated for with tax perks from other states willing to have the companies move there. But you have to remember for large manufacturers its also the need for a large pool of skilled labor. They cannot assume that their workers would come with them. So not only do you have the down time from getting machinery broken down and freighted across the country, but you also have down time with hiring and retraining of new workers. Even if they only transferred production to the Kentucky plant, they would still have to build new facilities, find new workers, and train them to produce to their quality control level (please hold the jokes).

Like I said, it would have been cool if they could have left, but given the difficulties and logistics, I will not blame Remington for not moving. If they stop fighting for the 2nd Amendment, then they get blamed. Just the opinion of a guy who's worked building guns...

Just confirms my decision not to buy their crap anymore. Although I figured most people would've learned because 1) Bushmaster, and 2) the ACR.

This does move them down on the list side-by-side with Kel-Tec for most disdain. I sincerely hope Magpul lives up to their promise and relocates.

and for those of you who missed it on the other thread regarding this topic, I will repost this on this one...

I would love to see the look on Cuomo's and Bloomburg's faces if Remington up and moved.

But the fact is, it's not just packing up the machinery and computers and going somewhere. The costs of moving can be covered and compensated for with tax perks from other states willing to have the companies move there. But you have to remember for large manufacturers its also the need for a large pool of skilled labor. They cannot assume that their workers would come with them. So not only do you have the down time from getting machinery broken down and freighted across the country, but you also have down time with hiring and retraining of new workers. Even if they only transferred production to the Kentucky plant, they would still have to build new facilities, find new workers, and train them to produce to their quality control level (please hold the jokes).

Like I said, it would have been cool if they could have left, but given the difficulties and logistics, I will not blame Remington for not moving. If they stop fighting for the 2nd Amendment, then they get blamed.

Is it that they were given an 80 million dollar contract as a bribe not to move, or is it that they just got an 80 million dollar contract and could not have gotten that if they were in the middle of a long, drawn out move? It sucks, I wish they could leave, but I don't know I blame them for not at this time. Just my opinion. It's worth what you paid for it...

I'm going to let Remington do what they want to do. If they have something I want... I'll buy it. I hope people are not as hard on you as you can be to others.
My only beef is if someone goes out of business they shouldn't get bailed out. Let a younger company enjoy the opened up market and learn from the mistakes of their former competition.

By the way, if you own any Remington items, I will gladly take it off your hands since your protesting the company, and not to be a hypercritical, you should hand it over for free so your not selling a Remington item. Just sayin

Did Remington ever say they where going to move? If not, then you can't be angry at them. They got a big contract, and last I checked, a company is in business to make money. Now, if this was Magpul, who did say they would move, then the anger would be warrented, but I don't think that's the case here.

The people of NY don't want what's happening there any more than we want what's happening here in the PNW. They have New York CITY, which is just shy of half the entire population of the entire state of NY.

Heck, oregon has 3.5 million folks, portland/eugene only account for 760k of that and look what we are fighting.

This is a good point I feel bad for the normal people in that state. But we as citizens of Wa and those in OR have done a good job of not letting that crap happen and when the big cities grow bigger and we cant fight off the infringment of our rights I will move. Any self respecting patriotic american should do the same. Then someday we will all be in the same place. We owe it to our future generations.

And who is footing that bill?

I'd buy another Remington if I wasn't already looking at Surgeon and GAP

There is a price for principal. I cant imagine remington cant afford to open up a newer better more efficient factory in a state that welomes them and gives them a lower tax rate. And again this isnt going to stop me from buying a product from them... Yet

As if we aren't already suffering from shortages of firearms at the moment. Let's all throw tantrums to force on of the larger plant in the country to shut down and add to those shortages.

Even in this economy, finding reliable people willing to work in even light manufacturing is hard. I've done it. I've seen factories collapse despite 9% unemployment cause they couldn't keep people at work (I admit there was some mismanagement, but still). Some of the higher ups at Boeing told me stories about how they couldn't find enough people willing to work for them, and the insane lengths they went to trying to find good people before giving up and moving some of their manufacturing away from Seattle.

I wouldn't be eager to move a factory. I respect magpul leaving Colorado, but my understanding is that's not only about making a statement, but also fears that the poor wording of the new Colorado laws could leave Magpul open to criminal charges for manufacturing there. The machine systems for magazines is less involved than the machine systems for a full firearm manufacturing plant. I don't think the two are really comparable.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top