JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why would you boycott a firearms company just because they aren't moving? This sort of in-fighting is exactly what the anti-freedom side loves.

I was not saying so much that I would boycott them, the article said that. I just think it's sad that a company would stay in a place that is so anti freedom.

I will not be getting rid of any Remington I own, anytime in the foreseeable future.

Why would you boycott a firearms company just because they aren't moving? This sort of in-fighting is exactly what the anti-freedom side loves.
+1

Plus, before we consider boycotting, just think what we'd actually be boycotting. Check Wiki for their HQ and factory locations. If we boycott every mfg that stays in NY, CT or CO, we will end up with very few good choices.

Remington Arms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was not saying so much that I would boycott them, the article said that. I just think it's sad that a company would stay in a place that is so anti freedom.

Sorry, I meant the generic 'you,' not you per se. That said, it's a very risky proposition for a company to flat out move its operations. I'm not saying I wouldn't love to see them move to some other state, like Texas! :) but I understand why they would be hesitant to do so.

The people in new york dont deserve the right to work in a firearms plant. I say remington pulls out, unemployment goes up slightly then crime rate will go up even higher. Showing an even greater correlation between states having the stictest gun laws having the highest crime rate. Then maybe someday the idiots in the world will realize gun laws dont help.

Moving a manufacturing plant is a very expensive undertaking. Do we really want more delays in firearm manufacturing? Even higher prices?

Condemning a company that has been pretty faithful to us for the acts of the politicians that happen to live in their area is pretty stupid. On the flip side, I'm all for supporting a company that makes a public stand. So I'm pretty pro-Magpul right now.

I think we all need to look at who owns what and where "they" stand on our 2A rights.

Freedom group owns:
Barnes Bullets
Bushmaster Firearms International
Dakota Arms
DPMS Panther Arms
H & R Firearms
Marlin
Mountain Khakis
Para USA[5]
Parker Gunmakers
Remington Arms
Remington Military
Remington LE
Remington PMPD
TAPCO

Freedom Group is owned by the financial giant Cerberus.

Cerberus is either getting ready to sell off or contemplating selling off it's ownership in ALL firearm manufacturers due to invester backlash after Sandy Hook.

The capital for these manufacturers is not there to just up and move on a whim and is far beyond just Remingtons decision to do so. These companies are not like magpul, who is still primarially owned or soley owned by the original owner.

Personally, I'd rather see Cerberus unload freedom group. Then have freedom group dismantle their holdings of these companies to owner/operated business. I believe then we'd see a huge influx of companies standing behind our 2A rights and more companies threatening to leave unfriendly states.

They could keep running the plant while they set up a new one. Not much of a deley to be caused. To me the announcmemt that they basicly are staying indefinitely is a public stand to me. I'm not going to boycott but I think they should do something if they can. While I dont know if this is the end result of disscusions they have already had and it is there only option currently I do not know. But I doubt it. Most large companies dont actually care. But it wont stop me from buying from them. A company has to do something pretty crappy for me to not buy from them....... Like burger king for getting rid of chicken fries. Lol

Hell... They believed us when we were telling we'd boycott them just for sponsoring J. Zumbo after he opined that AR owners are terrorists. Why shouldn't we discourage them from staying and paying into the tax base that funds a hostile legislature?

The people in new york dont deserve the right to work in a firearms plant.

The people of NY don't want what's happening there any more than we want what's happening here in the PNW. They have New York CITY, which is just shy of half the entire population of the entire state of NY.

Heck, oregon has 3.5 million folks, portland/eugene only account for 760k of that and look what we are fighting.

This is what I sent to Remington's email address:

"I'm sorry that an old and respected manufacturer, whether owned by Freedom Group or not, has to have its legal product vilified and its employees made to feel like criminals themselves.

I'm sorry that misguided politicians have little respect for the rights of Americans and the economic effects of their actions.

I'm sorry that I can't support Remington any longer when they allow this to occur by doing business in and with the states who cast dispersions on the company. I've cancelled my order with my dealer and I will dispose of Remington products. I will ask others to consider doing the same.

Best of luck."

Why would they be obligated to move? They didn't support the laws in that state, why should you require them to shoulder the MASSIVE cost of relocating. The 80 million contract wasn't from NY, it was from the military. Do you have any idea what it would cost to move a manufacturing operation of that size?

+1,, also it it would be hard to move in the middle of the contract... I don't think I would want to be a business that doesn't follow through on a .gov contract, as there would probablly be some heavy penalties.

Don't make the firearm companies suffer due to the asshats in charge of NY.

Hey Kable if Washington passes some stupid gun law you don't like you going to quit your job pack up the family and move?

This kind of vindictive miss placed attitude does nothing to help. Its the same as the guys who were told it wasn't a good idea to carry rifles in to the Capital Building in Salem during the Pro Gun Rallys. But no they had to show who's the boss and how they can show off their rights anyway they want. And now we have to fight a bill that if passed will prevent anyone from carrying in the Capital Building permit or not. HOW STUPID IS THAT.

Lets say your point of view catches on and goes viral across the country and some how it manages to harm the oldest firearms manufacturer in the USA. HOW THE HELL DOES THAT HELP.

Hey Kable if Washington passes some stupid gun law you don't like you going to quit your job pack up the family and move?

This kind of vindictive miss placed attitude does nothing to help. Its the same as the guys who were told it wasn't a good idea to carry rifles in to the Capital Building in Salem during the Pro Gun Rallys. But no they had to show who's the boss and how they can show off their rights anyway they want. And now we have to fight a bill that if passed will prevent anyone from carrying in the Capital Building permit or not. HOW STUPID IS THAT.

Lets say your point of view catches on and goes viral across the country and some how it manages to harm the oldest firearms manufacturer in the USA. HOW THE HELL DOES THAT HELP.

If Washington passed laws like NY you bet your behind I would! I realize they didn't support the laws but at the same time we need to send a clear message to legislators and money talks. Yes it would be expensive for them to move but a lot of states are offering deals to manufacturers in states that passed restrictive gun laws. If they moved I'm sure lots of gun owners would go out and buy a Remington to help support them but since they aren't moving they will probably take a hit in consumer sales. I'd bet if they moved they would come out on top, regardless if I owned a gun manufacturing business I would pick up and leave and I would not do any business with that states law enforcement or any government agency in that state.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top